Steel city cakes, abbeydale road

If you haven't tried them, I suggest you do!

Vegan cupcakes and cake sold by the slice, like I've never tasted before, great coffee too. I couldn't believe vegan cakes could taste so good, rose and champagne macaroons are yummy. Cakes of all descriptions.

Nice young people, I hope it's a success.

I was in here the other week, they've had a bit of a refurb which is cool but the cakes are all just as tasty - peanut butter and popcorn was incredible. And good old chocolate never goes amiss.

And very good coffee!

Another call for supporting Steel City Cakes. Not only are their cakes amazing but they have a drink and a cake for three pounds. Three quid for a huge piece of cake and a pot of tea. Amazing value!

it is good value, personally I find the cake a little dry and the portion way too big but still great value for home made cake

How can a portion be too big?? It's CAKE! x

do they do the local markets and festivals in Sheffield because I think that would make them better known in the area thanks bassett one

How can a portion be too big?? It's CAKE! x

Ha! Brilliant comment. Really must go and try this place!

Another HUGE vote for Steel City Cakes.....awesome cakeage..and a lovely pot of tea all for £3....and the slice of cake was GENEROUS.

Would THOROUGHLY recommend.....if you fancy treating yourself....then get yourself off to Steel City Cakes. Support something local....they use fresh locally sourced ingredients too. :)

---------- Post added 22-06-2013 at 05:14 ----------

Well it is Saturday today.....a lovely day off work for some and what will you be doing with your day.

Can I suggest a lovely cup of tea and a nice slice of cake.

Does anyone have the address for Worzel Gummidge?

Didn't expect a cake shop from the style of the sign, but always busy when I walk past!

I was in here the other week, they've had a bit of a refurb which is cool but the cakes are all just as tasty - peanut butter and popcorn was incredible. And good old chocolate never goes amiss.

And very good coffee!

I pop in for fruit smoothies and a chat. The young couple who run the place are lovely. Really friendly and talkative.

I like the pineapple and mango smoothie best. Oh and their chocolate tarts, once you have one you just cant stop lol