Cafe Opposite Hillsborough Park

I always thought that Bronco's cafe was opposite the training ground.

No that café was at the bottom of Marion Road where we lived in the sixties,it was just a straitfoward transport type café!.Bronco,s was further towards Hillsborough opposite the Park near the bowling green!.Wednesdays training ground in the early sixties was an old tip with tin garages built on it near to Middlewood road,I rented one myself for the princely sum of ten shillings a week!.Then the Owls bought the land and developed their training ground on it!.

Bronco (David ) & his wife Carol had the cafe opposite the park in the early 60's it was near all the shops as you were heading into the shopping area. I seem to remember it was then called The Squirrel. Never remember it actually being called Bronco's.

Bronco (David ) & his wife Carol had the cafe opposite the park in the early 60's it was near all the shops as you were heading into the shopping area. I seem to remember it was then called The Squirrel. Never remember it actually being called Bronco's.

Yes I agree with you,I knew it as The Squirrel in the 60s.I can't remember Dyson having it either.He had a shop and a yard just past Catch Bar Lane and a little shop almost bang opposite on the other side of the road.Seem to remember he also had a shop at the bottom of Greaves Street.

the shop opposite

Greaves st was owned by Joe Quince from Oughtibridge Jack did have the shop where i mentioned he sold ex military bikes which were worth very little then,i knew Jack for years.Yes it was the Squirrel then and the Smugglers was opposite Dysons shop.I think the name was changed from the Squirrel to Broncos later.

Think it's now a chinese takeaway called Hei Moon.

What's the deal with that place? Is it actually open? I've never seen any signs of any customers in there, but it doesn't quite look completely closed down either. It's like the owners have closed for a holiday. A 10 year holiday!

Can remember montessa further down near kelvin flats

That brings back memories, used to go in there every morning when we were working at the old Royal Infirmary (1975), was about opposite the old gate house to the hospital.

What's the deal with that place? Is it actually open? I've never seen any signs of any customers in there, but it doesn't quite look completely closed down either. It's like the owners have closed for a holiday. A 10 year holiday!

its been closed for ages. I think it was up for sale/auction a few years back, but since then... Nothing.

Billy Levers owned the Montessa his dog a big Chow used to sit outside.

its been closed for ages. I think it was up for sale/auction a few years back, but since then... Nothing.

It's the Mary Celeste of restaurants! You'd think whoever owns the building would want it earning some revenue.

Billy Levers owned the Montessa his dog a big Chow used to sit outside.

When I used to go in, the woman who ran it was called Marlene, her daughter and another young woman worked there.

Edited by iansheff