School handwriting..

Cursive, in the early sixties. We used dip pens with the inkwell in the desk. the inkwell was filled for the handwriting lesson and emptied back into the gallon can at the end of the lesson. My handwriting was, and remains, sloppy but I did calligraphy for a few months at Art college and discovered I was naturally good at it.

Handwriting is becoming a serious issue again in schools because children are expected to do extended amounts of handwriting for some exams but are not experiencing it at any other time.

At Hucklow Road school I was taught italic handwriting by Mrs Boyson. This was around 1974. Mrs Boyson was a great teacher.

She was my teacher in 1994 :)

Brilliant person and a wonderful teacher!

We were taught Marion Richingson hand writing and encouraged to use an Osmaroid fountain pen with Quink ink----this was at Hurlfield boys 1954-59

I was at Hurlfield Boys 1958-60 and the teacher there said I must have been taught spider from inkwell crawling across page style

She was my teacher in 1994 :)

Brilliant person and a wonderful teacher!

Was your classroom the music room?

Istarted school in 1943,Iam left handed and hard to believe it ,but Miss Potter,who taught us,tied my left hand to my chair,to force me to use my right hand,made me quite ill with nausea and headaches my mum found out and put a stop to it,could'nt happen now.

Edited by Odie
typing error

I used to practice different styles of hand writing & when they were available different coloured inks.