Sheffield Forum
Your message here

2017/18 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Property & Housing

Reply To Topic

07-06-2018, 12:50   #321
JarvisCocker

Total Posts: 1,727
If you are looking for a reliable builder then look no further than Whitecliffs. I have just used them for my cellar conversion and I cannot speak highly enough of them. Professional from start to finish. I got a quote the very next day, they turned up on time, everyday, the materials were there when they needed them. The whole job was project managed by Eric so efficently and they even cleaned up after themselves. So pleased with the work.
_______
Four legged Friends Bakery - Healthy dog treats, home baked, no artificial additives, colours or preservatives. Treat your dog to the best! For more information or to order PM or email me: kay@four-leggedfriends.co.uk
08-06-2018, 00:39   #322
Canx

Total Posts: 239
We have a "minimalist" back garden, all pebbles over a lining sheet (S20, Halfway area). Are there any gardeners out there who could give me a quote for pulling up a (large) bush, removing the bush, pebbles and lining sheet, levelling it off and turfing it please?

Many thanks.
14-06-2018, 10:17   #323
Rizvan

Total Posts: 209
Hi all,

it's been a long time since I have posted on SF, so apologies in advance.... married now with 2 kids so time has been rare.
We are moving into a new home soon and I would like to convert the single garage into a cinema room. (5.3m x 2.5m).

Can anybody recommend tradesmen / builders who can undertake the work? I am looking for the following bits of work.

- Build a wall so that we have a small shed area and if possible utilize the existing garage door
- Build a new doorway leading to the hallway
- Install stud walls if required
- Install electrics, lights, a/v cabling and heating.
- Decorate, soundproof and plaster the room
- Help create home cinema related ceiling, screen surround, acoustic fabric units etc

Any tips and advice most welcome.

Kind regards,

Riz
_______
Das Auto - It sounds like a Golf...... :)
18-06-2018, 10:31   #324
Naz_India

Total Posts: 43
May I ask for any reviews or feedback that people may have on a builder that we are close to hiring?

His name is Kenny Brakes and his firm is called Kenny Brakes Joinery. Has anyone dealt with him before please?

He seems to be a lovely chap to talk to, very approachable and seemed knowledgeable. I would love it if the work ethic were to be equally good.
19-06-2018, 08:52   #325
Wallflower

Total Posts: 37
Can anyone recommend someone to fit an outside tap please?
21-06-2018, 17:48   #326
RWM1967

Total Posts: 213
I'm looking for a good reliable window cleaner who can cover any area of Sheffield. Initially I would be looking for a quotation for cleaning the windows at eight properties (S2, S4, S5, S12, S13, S14 areas) as a "one off" but this may later become a regular clean (perhaps every 6 months?). Can anyone recommend a suitable professional window cleaner please?
22-06-2018, 12:56   #327
Rumpels

Total Posts: 1
We recently had a basement conversion carried out by Whitecliffes. We were very happy with their work and recommend them highly.

They were very conscientious, hard working and professional.

Thanks to Martin and Eric.
08-07-2018, 16:22   #328
jsmith2009

Total Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecanary View Post
Would highly recommend Jeff the Joiner (07861379796 ). He has carried out several jobs for us, most recently a full kitchen replacement. Always professional with work completed on time and at reasonable rates.

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android
Hi Dawn and Steve
Thank you for the work again kind regards jeff
_______
Jeff smith Joiner 07861379796 or 01142203563 full refurbs/ loft conversions/ Doors/floors/ balustrades/ kitchens/ windows/ restoration to wooden windows/plastic windows all general joinery .free quotes given
09-07-2018, 20:41   #329
nettie147

Total Posts: 14
Can anyone recommend someone to lay a bathroom floor please? It is a small bathroom, so shouldn't be a big job.

Also, any recommendations for a gardener? Got a garden that is very overgrown so would like suggestions for someone diligent, who is prepared to dig garden over to get all the roots out & has the patience / time to do it!
10-07-2018, 21:26   #330
jan18

I would highly recommend Whitecliffes builders. They knocked down some walls and installed a wet room whilst my husband was having chemo, which could have been very stressful, but Eric and his workers came punctually every day, worked efficiently to a high standard, were humourous and even brought and made their own tea! Instead of being stressful it was a pleasure to have them around and I would not hesitate to use them again. Grateful thanks.
12-07-2018, 14:11   #331
BabyB

Hi I am looking for a window cleaner that works in Heeley, Myrtle road area does anyone please have a number..? Cheers
12-07-2018, 21:49   #332
MrnMrsSmith

We can thoroughly recommend Whitecliffes builders who did a basement conversion at our place at the turn of the year. Eric and Martin between them have a huge wealth of experience and they were able to help shape our project to fit our budget and the needs of our young family. We are very pleased indeed with the end result.

They were extremely professional, polite, impeccably punctual. Most importantly they were able to get on with the job with good humour whilst our three terrors stormed around the place.
13-07-2018, 09:51   #333
whitecliffes

Total Posts: 49
We would like to thank our kind customers who have taken the time to post recommendations on the Forum for us. Some of whom have joined the Forum in order to do so.
It means a lot.

It has been a pleasure working with you all and thank you once again.

The Whitecliffes Team.
13-07-2018, 14:27   #334
sheshe1

any recommendations for granite wortop suppliers and fitting please
13-07-2018, 23:35   #335
spider1

Total Posts: 3,148
NO Definately not: suspect:
17-07-2018, 09:44   #336
JenPow

Total Posts: 2
We have just used Whitecliffes Builders to do a cellar conversion, utility room & new kitchen, it included knocking a wall down, taking everything back to brick & it looks amazing! I can highly recommend Eric & the team, Eric was on site daily to check all OK and the build was done in less than 6 weeks. I work from home so it was important to me that the people at my house were professional & friendly which Nigel, Dale, Owen & Jack defiantly, a great bunch of lads.
I also have 2 young children who were very interested in what was going on, Nigel & Jack were great with them & made the build very stress free.
Thanks Whitecliffes.

Last edited by JenPow; 17-07-2018 at 09:48. Reason: extra info
17-07-2018, 17:20   #337
Krisy

Jeff the Joiner, Sheffield 07861379796

Jeff has done several jobs for us with doors/windows in our house, all of which are superb and have added value in every way. He is particularly handy where there have been measurement issues due to the old building; I would highly recommend his brain-teasing skills.
17-07-2018, 19:27   #338
jsmith2009

Total Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krisy View Post
Jeff the Joiner, Sheffield 07861379796

Jeff has done several jobs for us with doors/windows in our house, all of which are superb and have added value in every way. He is particularly handy where there have been measurement issues due to the old building; I would highly recommend his brain-teasing skills.
Hi Thank you for the post . your house has been a experience . love the post by the way . kind regards jeff
_______
Jeff smith Joiner 07861379796 or 01142203563 full refurbs/ loft conversions/ Doors/floors/ balustrades/ kitchens/ windows/ restoration to wooden windows/plastic windows all general joinery .free quotes given
Reply To Topic