Age to drink alcohol should be 21 .

Minimum age to drink Alchol should be 21, Also the minimum age to drive a car legally should 21.

Edited by PRESLEY

This is supposed to be a discussion forum. Rather than just making statements why do you think those things? You know. To start a discussion.

Whats the current minimum age to drink alcohol and why should be increased?

This is supposed to be a discussion forum. Rather than just making statements why do you think those things? You know. To start a discussion.

Who do think you are. :suspect: They are my opinions and would like to hear other opinions on the subect. So discuss that.:roll:

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 13:37 ----------

In America the current minimum age is 21 its 18 in this country, far too young they are kids really just out school.

It's 5 isn't it ? In the privacy of your own home.

Who do think you are. :suspect: They are my opinions and would like to hear other opinions on the subect. So discuss that.:roll:

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 13:37 ----------

In America the current minimum age is 21 its 18 in this country,

Wrong. The minimum age in this country is five. So why do you want to increase it so much?

It's 5 isn't it ? In the privacy of your own home.

:hihi: milk:hihi:

I don't think the driving age should be raised. By 18 you're an adult and should be able to live independently and that includes being able to get around and get to work, which might not always be possible by public transport. Starting at 17 makes sense to give people the chance to learn and pass their test by age 18.

I do however think there should be better driver training, for example mandatory training on rural roads/motorways, and more restrictions on new drivers such as limitations on the number of young passengers you can carry.

I basically don't believe a 17 year old who has just passed their test should be allowed to put four 16 year old friends in their car and go tooling off on rural roads that they've potentially had no training on, depending where they live. It's madness.

BUT they absolutely should be able to take themselves to work or wherever else they need to be.

:hihi: milk:hihi:

Are you intending to engage with the debate or is this just trolling. Do you know what the legal drinking ages are? In private? In public? What about with a meal what is the minimum age in a resteraunt then?

Minimum age to drink Alchol should be 21, Also the minimum age to drive a car legally should 21.

Lol, I guess we can assume that you're making proposals that wouldn't impact on you?

Presumably you can explain why these would be a good idea though?

Perhaps whilst explaining you can make special reference to people who leave compulsory education at 18 and who you propose can't have a car to get to work?

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 13:58 ----------

Technically it's 5.

Presumably he actually meant the age to purchase it yourself though. :hihi:

---------- Post added 05-07-2018 at 14:01 ----------

I basically don't believe a 17 year old who has just passed their test should be allowed to put four 16 year old friends in their car and go tooling off on rural roads that they've potentially had no training on, depending where they live. It's madness.

This seems far more sensible than the OPs opinion, and I think similar ideas have been suggested by the government before.

A limit on the number of passengers for drivers under a certain age, or a curfew on driving... (The latter is problematic, what are they supposed to do if they're 15 mins from home when the curfew time is reached, just pull up and leave the car?).

There could perhaps be some kind of restriction like there is on motorbike licenses, first 2 years with a license, can't drive a car with >100bhp for example... But that could mean that you can't drive your parents car, which is how many young drivers actually gain experience...

Minimum age to drive in South Dakota is 14:6 months, whilst it’s 21 to purchase alcohol, but I suppose that they have sober children drivers. ;)

Are you intending to engage with the debate or is this just trolling. Do you know what the legal drinking ages are? In private? In public? What about with a meal what is the minimum age in a resteraunt then?

Im not trolling if your gonna talk daft going on about the age of 5 you will get a daft remark from me. Who drinks booze at 5. :loopy: