When is the best time to sell a house?

Had our house on the market for two weeks and no luck. Its a lovely little terraced house. Is this not a good time of year to sell or does the weather and World Cup not help!!!

Had our house on the market for two weeks and no luck. Its a lovely little terraced house. Is this not a good time of year to sell or does the weather and World Cup not help!!!

Location?

Not sure I could be bothered house hunting in this warm weather.

I don't think that there's a 'good time' to sell a house. In summer there will be people who don't want to look because they're planning a holiday, in winter there will be people who don't want to look because they don't want to move in winter.

Offer your house, ask for feedback from those who do view it. Adapt your price, the house and your available information accordingly. Two weeks is not that long really.

Generally, Spring or early summer are the high-points for vendors.

But there's never really a 'best time'. You need only one interested party, after all.

A transaction can happen at any time- just as much when there are fewer other properties available, in fact.

Any house will sell ,location, and cost ,is there a chain son just sold his in a lovely location ,took almost5 months time of year spring

Up to September should be fine. Have you neutralised the decor and decluttered? Check SOLD house prices on Rightmove as some estate agents overestimate what you will get to get your business.

Yes it is mad, but lots of people don’t get past the photos. I changed an old green carpet for laminate and put a modern headboard on the bed. After six months of no interest we then sold it in a few days. Many people these days want something that does not need work because they’ve no money left after the deposit. The answer is to modernise before you sell.

Yes it is mad, but lots of people don’t get past the photos. I changed an old green carpet for laminate and put a modern headboard on the bed. After six months of no interest we then sold it in a few days. Many people these days want something that does not need work because they’ve no money left after the deposit. The answer is to modernise before you sell.

No, not always.

A recent sale which I handled involved a brochure with just external photographs- nothing internal.

The house was mostly untouched since the mid-1960s and it still contained a lot of stuff which was house-clearance material only.

It was sold to a purchaser seeking to gut it, more or less.

Yes, of course. It’s the sort I would buy, but only at the right price.

Actually we don’t know what Golden Oldie’s house is like - might be the bees knees!

Golden Oldie - are you in a hurry to sell because you have found a property that you don't want to lose? If you want a quick sale then the usual advice is to be competitive on price. Have you discussed the lack of interest with your estate agent? Advice and management of the sale is what you are paying for so make use of them. Are you in a desirable location and in the past have other houses sold quickly? If you wish to add a link on here perhaps people could give you their thoughts on how to attract potential house buyers.

Thanks for all the advice. No, we are not in a hurry but would like to be in a flat before the winter!!!!! Can't afford to reduce the price in order to afford said flat!!

Our estate agent says things generally are slow moving maybe because of the World Cup and the weather!! All that will change I'm sure!!

Have put our house on the Forums property for sale page!! Or see 'Your Move Hillsborough!'

It looks a nice little house, possibly ideal for a first time buyer. The spiral staircase will doubtless look very smart but could it be viewed by some as a drawback? Thinking of people who have young children. As you say, it could be the football, weather and maybe holidays that could be holding up viewings. Hope you get a sale soon so that you can press on with your move to a flat.