Did you go clubbing at DLS? Or do you still at The Night Kitchen?

Can you help?

I am a student enrolled on the MA Public Humanities course at the University of Sheffield and as part of my dissertation I want to look at how The Night Kitchen/DLS fits into the wider historical, cultural and industrial landscape of Sheffield.

As part of my dissertation I hope to put on a small exhibition at The Night Kitchen documenting its history from cutlery factory to nightclub and beyond. As part of the exhibition I would like to feature interviews, quotes and anecdotes from those involved in its story as well as photographs of the space as it changed into a nightclub that I, and many like me, hold very dear. The exhibition will serve as a location to gather testimonies from previous patrons to find out why the space meant so much to people and how important they think the re-using and re-imagining of a city's industrial heritage is.

To help with the exhibition I’m looking for:

Photos

Old event posters

Testimonies

Stories

Quotes

If you would be willing to help with any of the items above, I would be grateful if you would contact me at: dewing1@sheffield.ac.uk.

I really hope to hear from you.

Edited by Ewing93

If you'd like to help the OP please contact them via the means provided.

Thank you, closing.