Morissey - once brilliant, now revealed a total jackass..

I still love Morisssey's music, but the man himself as I have suspected for some years now has recently shown himself to be a moral imbecile by suggesting that little Tommy Robinson's treatment has been 'shocking' and revealing that he has voted for the first time. Why do I mention the voting? Because he chose to vote for a far right party that even Henry Bolton and Nigel Farage described as 'Nazis and racists'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/morrissey-tommy-robinson-edl-uk-politics-prison-interview-a8386136.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1528311166

Anyone for the National Front Disco?

Edited by Halibut

Why does a national newspaper give the oxygen of publicity to such a lightweight ?

Could have a grudging respect for anyone with an ideological argument for such views but he comes across as a complete idiot

His music was great....but I wouldn't pee on him if he was on fire. Complete bell end.

Edited by taxman

Never liked the smiths, never liked morrisey, **** bands, **** music, **** person

I still love Morisssey's music, but the man himself as I have suspected for some years now has recently shown himself to be a moral imbecile by suggesting that little Tommy Robinson's treatment has been 'shocking' and revealing that he has voted for the first time. Why do I mention the voting? Because he chose to vote for a far right party that even Henry Bolton and Nigel Farage described as 'Nazis and racists'.

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/morrissey-tommy-robinson-edl-uk-politics-prison-interview-a8386136.html?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1528311166

Anyone for the National Front Disco?

Did you like him when he was overtly to the left ? Will you now get rid of his LPs ,CDs and downloads ?

Never liked the smiths, never liked morrisey, **** bands, **** music, **** person

I agree with that as I have always found his singing to be monotone, monotonous and boring.

I agree with that as I have always found his singing to be monotone, monotonous and boring.

I always thought that Morrissey's was a supermarket chain over yonder.:D

Because he chose to vote for a far right party that even Henry Bolton and Nigel Farage described as 'Nazis and racists'.

Must have been a postal vote because as far as I know he lives in Los Angeles now!

Yes, it's always disappointing when you discover a real talent is a bit of a **** in real life but that's how it goes, sometimes.

Edited by Top Cats Hat
Does the forum bot censor the word **** in the pets and allotments forum?

Did you like him when he was overtly to the left ? Will you now get rid of his LPs ,CDs and downloads ?

First question - when was he ever overtly left?

Second question - no, as I said in my OP, the music is still great.

Sadly he has become a total jerk and has disappeared up his own arse. Johnny Marr must be particularly upset.

He's an oddball. Definitely has a little Englander mentality but lives in LA!!!?

Doesn't help his image but nevertheless still the greatest lyricist of the 20th century.

Edited by Jonny5