Amigos Mexican kitchen , London Road

Has anybody been to Amigos Mexican restaurant on London Road?

If so how do rate it?

Cheers

As you can see from the whole thread here, quite a few of us have been, and practically every one of us who has been rate it very well indeed.

It's clean, decent food, and not overly expensive.

I went, loved it! Love that you can bring a bottle too. Unfortunately I live the other side of town now so it's not accessible/ suitable for delivery :(

Mexican food is more healthy usually because they use Maize which doesnt contain gluten also there was a "Maize God" in Mayan culture.

was shocked to see Amigos has 0 star hygiene rating on the last inspection Sept 2014 - the food was always nice but this is a bit off putting!

http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/558023/Amigos-Kitchen-Sheffield

Gosh I'm really suprised about that - although they have just undergone a major refurbishment since then, which meant they were closed for a couple of weeks. I wonder if there's any connection?

I think I will picture in my head that they now have a sparkling new pristine kitchen since that score regardless!

As did Chikoos. Only three 0 ratings in the whole of Sheffield and two are on London Road!

http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/696814/Chikoo%27s-Takeaway-Sheffield

Amigos may have a shiny new kitchen, but the concern is how on Earth they let it get bad enough to get a 0 in the first place?

was shocked to see Amigos has 0 star hygiene rating on the last inspection Sept 2014 - the food was always nice but this is a bit off putting!

http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/558023/Amigos-Kitchen-Sheffield

Its not very difficult to get a 5 star rating. Getting a zero must have meant serious food hygiene issue.

Where business pose an imminent risk to health i.e where there is an active rodent infestation, severe drainage problems or filthy conditions – council enforcement officers will act to close a business down immediately until it has rectified the problems.

When a business gets bigger people start cutting corners to maximize profits...bulk cook and dish it microwaved. hygiene is always at the bottom.

Visited over the weekend for the first time, and can't believe we waited so long. It was so tasty, so cheap, and a quid a head for corkage? I'll certainly be going back!