Help to find ther right mains adapter

We have a Blaze Sega Megadrive, Its not a regular Megadrive console, Its one of those smaller plug and play ones. http://crave.cnet.co.uk/i/photos/49302281/p1040894.jpg

The mains plug wire snapped and so we need another but I dont think a normal Megadrive mains will be suitable.

I've looked online and can't find the exact mains plug that I need, But I was wondering weather any old mains plug would work as long as the connection fits in the console.

Heres the spec for the one I have thats broke:

AC/DC ADAPTER

model: HXY-090V1330A

input: AC100-240V

50/60Hz 0.5Amax

output: DC9.0V 0.5A

Edited by <Aim 4>

There are loads of power adapters that'll output to that. The only real concern (providing you find one that matches the V & A) is the polarity.

As Stvoider says you need to get the polarity right, some electronics are protected against reverse polarity others are not.

I would check the power socket on the console to see if there is any indication of polarity. The ones I found with a Google search were all centre pin negative, but best to be safe and check.

Try taking it into Bardwells on Abbeydale Rd they will have a look at your original one and make sure you have the correct one