Warning spyware detected on your computer

i have no idea why, but my desktop screen on my laptop is displaying a box stating: -

"warning spyware detected on your computer"

Warning! WIN 32/Adware.virtumonde detected on your computer Danger!

Warning! WIN32/PrivacyRemover.M64 detected on your computer Danger!

i've re-booted, but it's there as soon as the laptop starts up? What is this? It's driving me crazy!!

PLEASE HELP!!

download AVG and get it splatted

It is spyware/malware/virus and very annoying the way it hijacks banner ads had something similar a while back took a few attempts to get rid of it.

If you have any antivirus software installed mcafee, norton etc do a full scan for trojans/spyware etc it might take a scans before you get rid of it.

If you have not got any software microsoft windows defender is not too bad and its a free solution.

Norton 160 quick! before your computer crashes totally, I had this on old one, it was a new worm/ trojan virus than had snuck in via downloading music on limewire.

My pc crashed and repair man could'nt do a thing about it.

try and see if the virus has installed a wall paper (which is displaying this) mine did and it drove me mad until my very nice friend and her partner helped me out. Then run your virus check things etc

Thanks for all your advice, i've got rid of it now! I managed to get intouch with my "Geeky" Friend...LOL!!! She told me to download 'Malwarebytes Anti-Malware' - to follow these instructions!!

"download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.

alternate download link 1

alternate download link 2

Make sure you are connected to the Internet.

Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.

When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.

When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:

Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware

Then click Finish.

MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan. If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue. If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.

On the Scanner tab:

Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.

Then click on the Scan button.

If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.

The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.

When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".

Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.

Back at the main Scanner screen, click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.

Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.

When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.

The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.

Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.

Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Reagardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware."

This worked a treat!! and my laptop is happy again :thumbsup:

Take a look here.

Seems you have it sorted now though:thumbsup:

i have no idea why, but my desktop screen on my laptop is displaying a box stating: -

"warning spyware detected on your computer"

Warning! WIN 32/Adware.virtumonde detected on your computer Danger!

Warning! WIN32/PrivacyRemover.M64 detected on your computer Danger!

i've re-booted, but it's there as soon as the laptop starts up? What is this? It's driving me crazy!!

PLEASE HELP!!

If I had that warning on my computer I would think it was a spoof message sent by someone trying to get me to click on something to buy some anti-spyware kit.

If you don't have any anti-virus stuff on your computer though it's a bit like having unprotected sex with strangers. So, good job you now have a computer condom in place.

If you don't have any anti-virus stuff on your computer though it's a bit like having unprotected sex with strangers. So, good job you now have a computer condom in place.

What a great analogy! :hihi:

I had the Virtumonde virus on my old computer, spent ages trying to get rid of it to no avail. I ended up just building a new PC from scratch. To be fair, it was at least 8 years old. so due for an upgrade anyway!