Yorkshire cricket

What's happened to the batting this year it's been atrocious.

Whoever has batted one to five have just not performed, all through the season. Poor to say the least, and lucky to be escaping relegation.

Whoever has batted one to five have just not performed, all through the season. Poor to say the least, and lucky to be escaping relegation.

Not confident Ballance in Aus,like you said no one's performed.

Not confident Ballance in Aus,like you said no one's performed.

Agnew has slated the selections, and i have to agree with what he says.

---------- Post added 27-09-2017 at 15:58 ----------

Gets better 37-7 at present, glad to see end of season.

The batting has been abysmal most of the season in the County Championship. Although the ECB have taken our best players and we are currently 5 missing from the team, the performances have been poor throughout. There appears to be something behind the loss of form of all the batsmen and I believe this stems from the coach. Sorry, but Gale is untried, a cheap option to replace Jason Gillespie and it has backfired badly. There have been rumours about dressing room unrest circulating, I expect and hope that Andrew Gale does the decent thing and resigns as soon as possible.

Remember, Yorkshire only won the relegation battle against Warwickshire thanks to the second top scorer...extras 40 of them!

I really feel for Ryan Sidebottom who has now officially retired and although he wasn't playing, he really must feel sad watching this debacle on his last day.

If changes are not made over the winter I forsee more problems for Yorkshire and relegation won't be as easy to avoid next season, although I hope I am proved wrong!

What's happened to the batting this year it's been atrocious.

It's been on the slide for a few seasons, tbh.

http://www.yorkpress.co.uk/sport/cricket/yorkshire/15563938.Gale_vows_to_reverse_downward_Yorkshire_spiral/?ref=mac

OK, so Andrew is staying put and has the backing of Yorkshire's powers that be.

I do fear we may soon be losing a few players. Again, I hope I am wrong but I am worried for the future of this great club.

I agree this is one of the worst batting performance the entire season. No body clicked. If you don't score how you are supposed to win. So I think it is the worst bating performance ever in yorkshire cricket club history

Oh dear, it seems that nothing has changed at Yorkshire C.C. Gale and his sidekick carry on blissfully while the batting collapses yet again. 50 all out against Essex in around 90 minutes! Please resign you hopeless twit!:rant:

Disgraceful, can some let Pujara know he should guard the stumps with his bat, not his pads thats three times lbw this season.

Disgraceful, can some let Pujara know he should guard the stumps with his bat, not his pads thats three times lbw this season.

Making a fight of it now though.

We, ve been given a second chance, but we have to improve the top order performances.