Lots of 2nd gtx 1070's available recently

Nah, you wont see them till at least 2019

Launch date is 20th August it seems. As in this month.

Official reveal is August 20th, Wouldn't think they'd release before September, Unless they do an instant launch at the same time as the reveal...

The cloak and dagger of it all!

I had a quick read on the usual tech news sites and there still seems to be a bit of uncertainty about what and how much. The prices did average out at 699 American zonks but the hardware wasn't clear (on the sites read)

A couple of days should throw a bit more light on the hardware and possible closer numbers on the cost. I doubt I'll be able to run to the 80 range so the mid end might be a option. From what was said, they will come later if Nvidia stick to their usual release plan.

So they've gone for 2080 as the new model range, and they still aren't fully revealed and definitely not launched yet.. Aug 19th.

https://www.theverge.com/circuitbreaker/2018/8/17/17723182/nvidia-geforce-rtx-2080-ti-specs-leak-rumors

They will probably get a full reveal tomorrow though at the Nvidia event.

so, RTX-2070, 2080, and 2080Ti

Starting at £499 for the 2070, moving up to £999 for 2080Ti

2070 being faster than the current Titan Xp

September 20th release....

8GB on the 2070, and 2080... 11GB on the 2080Ti...

so, RTX-2070, 2080, and 2080Ti

Starting at £499 for the 2070, moving up to £999 for 2080Ti

2070 being faster than the current Titan Xp

September 20th release....

8GB on the 2070, and 2080... 11GB on the 2080Ti...

That's kind of crazy that the 2070 will outperform the previous generation's flagship card at half the cost.

Over to you AMD....

In the terms of gaming, AMD can not compete any more, at least with current price of high end models.

It will be definitely interesting.

I got the first email about them today (pre order Scan)

Prices starting at about £715 for the 2080 and £1050 for the Ti

A bit expensive for my budget but it will be an interesting watch as to what they can really do.

https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia/geforce-rtx-graphics-cards

EDIT: A bit odd. On all the cards I looked at, the base clock and boost clock say TBA. You'd think that they would know that by now.

Edited by zach

I got the first email about them today (pre order Scan)

Prices starting at about £715 for the 2080 and £1050 for the Ti

A bit expensive for my budget but it will be an interesting watch as to what they can really do.

https://www.scan.co.uk/shops/nvidia/geforce-rtx-graphics-cards

EDIT: A bit odd. On all the cards I looked at, the base clock and boost clock say TBA. You'd think that they would know that by now.

I don't know. Ps4 pro and Xbox one x are around 400 £, and these days, it can deliver almost the same thing, especially on 4k tv

I don't know. Ps4 pro and Xbox one x are around 400 £, and these days, it can deliver almost the same thing, especially on 4k tv

Can they though? I thought the 4K output on the consoles were frame rate capped at 30fps.

They use lots of tricks to get "4k" on consoles... Such as using lower quality textures around the outside of your viewing area, lower than 4K in areas that don't matter, Checkerboard rendering to reduce load, they also don't have as good AA, AF, occlusion, and various others....

They also use dynamic resolution tricks, where if there's lots going on it may reduce it to 2k resolution, then back up to 4k when there's not much happening, it's all done seemlessly and with little to no noticeable impact to the user.

You also have to think, Consoles are designed JUST for that, all PS4's are pretty much the same, where-as PC's there can be so many different configurations of hardware etc...

These new cards come with a "ray tracing engine". It's something that even the current generation of cards, 1080 Ti couldn't hope to match in real time. Comparing them to consoles is like comparing a Ferrari to a clapped out 2001 Mondeo.

The shots of with and without RT enabled are quite impressive.