Advice on BT Phone and Broadband

Hi everyone i need your help and advice. I'm with BT for my phone & broadband. Our landline cordless phone always crackles either when i phone out or when i have an incoming call and its that bad i now use my mobile. I have tried a corded phone and its the same so i now know its not the phone. Regarding the broadband i have had the internet go down 3 or 4 times in an hour so i contacted BT and they have sent me a brand new hub 6 router which i have now connected and the internet still goes down 3 or 4 times an hour. I have contacted BT regarding this and they have sent me a text today with the following message " Hello BT here. your engineer will visit on 11/8/18. Weve checked and the problem might be with your equipment. If its something in your home and not BT equipment you might need to pay a £129.99 repair charge. So its a good idea to check first at bt.com/faults and bt.com/wiring"

If BT provides the outside line from the cabinet along the pole and into my house with the original BT phone socket who is responsible for that me or BT

Please can someone help me because i thought that BT had the responsibility with the outside line and the original BT SOCKET

Edited by Henamy21

If the problem is with the wire from the cabinet to your house, or the master socket itself, then it's BT's problem. If you have a second socket that you have plugged your phone and router into or have extended the internal wiring, then it's your responsibility and they will charge you to fix it. It's also your problem if you or anyone before you has tampered with the master socket which has caused a fault.

the master socket has the original BT logo on it and no one has tampered with it, i have a phone extension cable connected to the adsl filter which even if i only connect the phone to the master socket it still crackles

Remove the bottom half of the BT socket , behind is another socket to plug a phone into ....if it still crackles its BT / line issue

hi everyone, well i thought i would update you on my situation. After loads of phone calls and lots of live online chats BT has now sorted the problem. And they even changed the master socket to a brand new one and its all good here now and we can use our land line phone and broadband. After telling BT that we have the right to cancel our contract because we are paying for a service and we wasn't getting a service and a breach of a contract that they were not providing a service that we was paying for an engineer was booked.

Thank you to BT for eventually listening to us and also to thank the engineer for sorting out the problem.