How Was It For You?

Yup yet again another championship season with my owls and blades always look forward to it we just didnt turn up these two games . Villa will get turned over by fulham they have to much power up front..

Cya in August guys let the banter begin ...again lol

Yes Boro wrecked most of my bets, had been backing em since season started. Think like blades you need a clear out, powder puff in attack and aging midfield, Triore wants to beat someone all the time instead of getting his head up and passing, still August brings another season, another chance, chin up!

Well the seasons not over yet for us south Yorkshire folk...

Come on Rotherham, Wembeleee Wembeleee.

Well the seasons not over yet for us south Yorkshire folk...

Come on Rotherham, Wembeleee Wembeleee.

Give it a rest, you'll be sounding like blades hater Rob Staton next!?

So the seasons over all bar a couple of meaningless games, both sets of fans have had plenty of bluster – us Owls pre-season, the blades early season but both have finished with the same – nowt.

Whats your view of the season on the whole and what does your club need to do in the summer?

Let me guess....

You're a Wednesdayite?

Let's put what you've written into perspective shall we?

Before the start of the season, Wednesdayites were telling Unitedites that we had no chance of survival in this league - and that Wednesday were going to push on and get promotion.

From the first kick of a ball this season, United have left Wednesday in their wake. Not only that, but they gave them a right good spanking in their own back yard - the humiliation of that defeat will live in the memory for a long time to come. In the return match at Bramall lane, things were more even and Wednesdayites reaction to managing a 0-0 draw with our "pub team" spoke volumes.

At the end of the season United finished a very credible 10th. 6 points outside the play-offs, and 12 points in front of Wednesday, who finished in 15th. That's not bad for a "pub team" who have spent a mere fraction on the entire squad as to what Wednesday have spent on one player!

My prediction at the start of the season, for United, was that they would finish between 8th and 12th, so I was pretty much spot on with that. I did also say that if they strengthened in Jan they could make a push for the play-offs. I wasn't too far away with that either. I was spot on about what I said about Wednesday - that they wouldn't better last season's finish.

How was it for me? Wonderful! Of course it would have been the icing on the cake if we'd made the play-offs, but the facts are we didn't quite have enough quality in depth to do that. Nevertheless, the quality of football we played and the entertainment value was superb. It's great to go and watch your team and know that they are going to bust a gut to win the match, week in, week out, and play some great football along the way. And all this for a fraction of the cost of a ticket at Hillsborough.

United have assumed their position as the city's top team again - and Wednesdayites, once again, have been made to look stupid for their arrogance.

It doesn't get much better than that!:hihi:

Not all wednesdayites expected you to go down, I for one thought you'd be capable of mid table. The reason you finished 12 points ahead of us was more down to our injury situation, I'm sure we could of finished closer or ahead of you if we hadn't lost so many first teamers to injury but not much we can do now.

Next season I expect a much better showing from us so not too concerned about you one season above us yet, we'll see how we fare next season but I'd rather us both be competitive

Let's put what you've written into perspective shall we?

Before the start of the season, Wednesdayites were telling Unitedites that we had no chance of survival in this league - and that Wednesday were going to push on and get promotion.

From the first kick of a ball this season, United have left Wednesday in their wake.

and shall we put this into the real world shall we?

NO Wednesdayites said you'd struggle to stay up, we said its a tough league. You defied what anybody expected (including blades) and did exceedingly well. beginners luck? maybe? see how you start next season i think it will be tougher.

As for us, we had a crap season, no doubt (having most of your best players injured for most of the season doesnt help though, bring on next season)

However as poundy says you finished 4 wins above us, one of those was your groundbreaking will go down as legendary and get regurgitated relentlessly win against us. That means you only actually had 3 other wins more than us in a totally dire season for us, so you DIDNT leave us in your wake.

Yes Boro wrecked most of my bets, had been backing em since season started. Think like blades you need a clear out, powder puff in attack and aging midfield, Triore wants to beat someone all the time instead of getting his head up and passing, still August brings another season, another chance, chin up!

Thats exactly whats going to happen bud lm guessing only Dael fry a youngun we have is safe the rest maybe sold on to many ol timers downings finished now should go to say walsall to finish his career.

Britts just a lump of donkey dung think hes well overpriced by about 15 mill lol Bammy might stay on but as for the rest as thery say stay tuned l think next seasons team will have a complete new set up with the guts and glory just to go for it.

As for the sheff clubs ...both to go up with boro next season...CMON 2018.19..

NO Wednesdayites said you'd struggle to stay up, we said its a tough league. You defied what anybody expected (including blades) and did exceedingly well. beginners luck? maybe? see how you start next season i think it will be tougher.

As for us, we had a crap season, no doubt (having most of your best players injured for most of the season doesnt help though, bring on next season)

However as poundy says you finished 4 wins above us, one of those was your groundbreaking will go down as legendary and get regurgitated relentlessly win against us. That means you only actually had 3 other wins more than us in a totally dire season for us, so you DIDNT leave us in your wake.

What do you consider groundbreaking about United's win at Hillsborough? Unless you mean the first team to score four away in a Sheffield Derby, as for a regurgitated relentlessley celebrated win between these two teams I can't see United having nights to celebrate it in 20 years time and after dinner speakers from players who took part and Wednesday do that relentlessley about a game when they scored four goals at home.

What do you consider groundbreaking about United's win at Hillsborough? Unless you mean the first team to score four away in a Sheffield Derby, as for a regurgitated relentlessley celebrated win between these two teams I can't see United having nights to celebrate it in 20 years time and after dinner speakers from players who took part and Wednesday do that relentlessley about a game when they scored four goals at home.

Good job you lot got that flying start otherwise youd have been closer to the drop zone than us :hihi::hihi::hihi:

What the hell does it matter which team finished ahead of which, neither was close enough to win promotion or bad enough to be relegated, and as far as I know there are no prizes handed out if you don't make the top six. Being closer to the 6th spot wins SFA, other than bragging rights, which is just schoolyard stuff.

Edited by Ontarian1981

Good job you lot got that flying start otherwise youd have been closer to the drop zone than us :hihi::hihi::hihi:

Yes the season is over 46 games and overall United performed better than our nearest rivals.

---------- Post added 20-05-2018 at 08:40 ----------

What the hell does it matter which team finished ahead of which, neither was close enough to win promotion or bad enough to be relegated, and as far as I know there are no prizes handed out if you don't make the top six. Being closer to the 6th spot wins SFA, other than bragging rights, which is just schoolyard stuff.

I'd rather have a season looking towards the play offs than watching what the teams below in the relegation zone are doing and hoping they don't catch us up.

Yes, if we hadn't done the double over L...s & the double over Reading & double over Sunderland etc we would have finished 2 wins behind you, I guess if you keep stretching it you will have finished above us, well done!