How Was It For You?

No doubt he's a good keeper ...never suggested otherwise...but when all 3 are fit Westwood is number 1 and you don't need three keepers ....

is westy gonna keep fit now tho, is he too old? is he doing a hutch? hes been out a lot recently, tbh id rather get rid of him and keep wildsmith and dawson, both have been awesome this season

is westy gonna keep fit now tho, is he too old? is he doing a hutch? hes been out a lot recently, tbh id rather get rid of him and keep wildsmith and dawson, both have been awesome this season

Would you sell Hooper or Bannan or Forestieri because you're unsure if they will be fit next season..? Of course not ...you don't sell your best players if you have ambitions of doing something next season and as good as the young lads have been I don't think they've quite been awesome...

Would you sell Hooper or Bannan or Forestieri because you're unsure if they will be fit next season..? Of course not ...you don't sell your best players if you have ambitions of doing something next season and as good as the young lads have been I don't think they've quite been awesome...

now youre being silly, westys been the best but hes getting on, id love to keep him, BUT people have comentated on our aging team, we have had some massive injuries this season. one of them has been westwood, wildsmith and dawson have been epic this season, theyve made mistakes...but so has westy recently also. do we stick or twist? its a gamble, i say twist, specially with the money we'd get, and hopefully the lack of injury time, yet have a similar goalkeeping record still, why get rid of a younger one when we will need a younger one shortly when westy retires?

now youre being silly, westys been the best but hes getting on, id love to keep him, BUT people have comentated on our aging team, we have had some massive injuries this season. one of them has been westwood, wildsmith and dawson have been epic this season, theyve made mistakes...but so has westy recently also. do we stick or twist? its a gamble, i say twist, specially with the money we'd get, and hopefully the lack of injury time, yet have a similar goalkeeping record still, why get rid of a younger one when we will need a younger one shortly when westy retires?

With respect Mel ... I wouldn't call you silly for having an opinion ...:roll:

i stand by what I said previously & if you & others don't agree fair enough...

33 is not particularly old for a keeper Mel, Westwood's still number one for me but the lads are very capable understudies, not quite the fully finished article yet though.

I wouldnt be against Hooper going,he averages around 26 games a season,simular at norwich prior to comming here,same with Fletcher.

We need to evolve,otherwise you stagnate,these two would be goners for me this close season.

Westwood had injury problems at sunderland which was the reason he couldnt command his spot,weve two top keepers with another emerging,move on and let westy do the same

Edited by staninoodle

I would let Westy go Dawson and Wildsmith are two capable goalies.

So the seasons over all bar a couple of meaningless games, both sets of fans have had plenty of bluster – us Owls pre-season, the blades early season but both have finished with the same – nowt.

Whats your view of the season on the whole and what does your club need to do in the summer?

Well the seasons now over, we have had a day to mull over the finish.

United finished tenth , a position 100% of Blades would have been pleased with in August, we did the double over Leeds, took 4 points off our enemy too.

New to the division we finished above many more experienced teams at this level. 12 points ahead of the Owls !! 12....thats 4 wins ahead or 12 draws!!

The forums and yes this site more than most, has its know alls, well , we Blades have to be pleased. No Doubt the Owls will point to our lesser form in the second part of the season...but the table does not lie, wew ere not good enough for the play offs, be it we were around the play off positions for most of the season...others fought relegation possibilities for most of theirs.

W e need to try and keep Wilder, not only is he a great manager, who could replace him?

I expect to see Brooks go in the close season, and depending on the manager 5 or 6 more too.

Enjoy the close season Blades,

12....thats 4 wins ahead or 12 draws!!

you know that actually doesnt sound that bad when you say it like that, 4 wins (and one of em was against us, so that only means 3 extra wins) since we had a wretched season, and your start was amazing.

It's been a great season, Sheffield United and Millwall showing established Championship clubs how it is done. Some great away days, Bristol being a fitting end to the season (with the result, the weather and the beers).

Now we all have the task of finding things to do on a Saturday afternoon!

Hope everyone has a great summer.

Commiserations to mooks, tough luck mate.. see ye next season. take care pal.

Yup yet again another championship season with my owls and blades always look forward to it we just didnt turn up these two games . Villa will get turned over by fulham they have to much power up front..

Cya in August guys let the banter begin ...again lol