Sheffield Forum
Your message here

Any Venues putting on cover bands midweek

Home > Sheffield > Going out in Sheffield > Evenings Out

Reply To Topic
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
16-05-2018, 21:08   #1
rollwithit
Registered User
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Total Posts: 636
Any venues putting on midweek cover bands?

I don't mean the venues that try to put on 10 amateur bands in one evening. I've been in such venues I you spend most of your drinking time watching teenagers dismantle/setup equipment just to play their own stuff that isn't up to scratch. Got to be a good rock or blues cover band.

I work weekends so miss all the good stuff.
  Reply With Quote
16-05-2018, 21:19   #2
drolnhoj
Registered User
drolnhoj's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: S9
Total Posts: 1,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollwithit View Post
Any venues putting on midweek cover bands?

I don't mean the venues that try to put on 10 amateur bands in one evening. I've been in such venues I you spend most of your drinking time watching teenagers dismantle/setup equipment just to play their own stuff that isn't up to scratch. Got to be a good rock or blues cover band.

I work weekends so miss all the good stuff.
Check out white lion posts. Great music pub.
_______
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.
  Reply With Quote
16-05-2018, 21:22   #3
rollwithit
Registered User
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Total Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by drolnhoj View Post
Check out white lion posts. Great music pub.
Too far away pal.
No direct bus and expensive in taxis.
Plus Lion is a real ale pub. Can't really stomach the stuff without feeling ill.
has to be Hillsborough side or town.
But not West Street Live or Mulberry as they're a like drinking in cannon.
Not Fagins as you can only take so much folk music and irish jigs. Plus its a bit scruffy.

Last edited by rollwithit; 16-05-2018 at 21:25.
  Reply With Quote
16-05-2018, 21:28   #4
drolnhoj
Registered User
drolnhoj's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2005
Location: S9
Total Posts: 1,151
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollwithit View Post
Too far away pal.
No direct bus and expensive in taxis.
Plus Lion is a real ale pub. Can't really stomach the stuff without feeling ill.
has to be Hillsborough side or town.
But not West Street Live or Mulberry as they're a like drinking in cannon.
Not Fagins as you can only take so much folk music and irish jigs. Plus its a bit scruffy.
I drink Tetley's there. Wouldn't call that real ale. Have you checked out New Barrack Tavern? You will probably say real ale again but the Barnsley Bitter is great.
_______
In the land of the blind, the one eyed man is king.
  Reply With Quote
17-05-2018, 00:06   #5
rollwithit
Registered User
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Total Posts: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by drolnhoj View Post
I drink Tetley's there. Wouldn't call that real ale. Have you checked out New Barrack Tavern? You will probably say real ale again but the Barnsley Bitter is great.
Barracks seems to only do stuff Fridays & Saturdays.
I'd drive down to White Lion, but don't really want to be sat there with orange juice.
Thanks for your suggestions anyways.
Sorry for been hard to please.
  Reply With Quote
21-05-2018, 16:08   #6
whitelion
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2014
Total Posts: 542
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollwithit View Post
Barracks seems to only do stuff Fridays & Saturdays.
I'd drive down to White Lion, but don't really want to be sat there with orange juice.
Thanks for your suggestions anyways.
Sorry for been hard to please.
White Lion has live music every Tuesday,Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday afternoon. We also have jazz every third Monday.

In addition to the 8/9 real ale pumps, we have a cider pump and then sell Amstel, Cobra, Shipyard and Carling alongside a selection of bottles. The bus stop directly opposite the pub is well serviced and you can get the last one into town (or further) around midnight.
  Reply With Quote
Yesterday, 19:35   #7
KateJones40
Registered User
 
Joined: Jan 2018
Total Posts: 22
Not sure if it's too awkward for you to get to but The Brothers Arms in Heeley often have bands on during the week!
_______
Frame Your McKee Print at https://www.in2frames.com/petemckee!

Memorabilia and Print for Sale at https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/In2Frames
  Reply With Quote
Reply To Topic

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:51.
POSTS ON THIS FORUM ARE NOT ACTIVELY MONITORED
Click "Report Post" under any post which may breach our terms of use.
©2002-2017 Sheffield Forum | Powered by vBulletin ©2018