Woman earns £30-£40,000 and asks parents for up to £500 pm

Well I just read about a 30 year old woman who earns £30 - £40,000 a year and asks her parents for handouts up to £500 a month to help her get by. How can someone who still lives at home be struggling on that salary?

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/money-expert-defends-spending-habits-073606086.html

Well I just read about a 30 year old woman who earns £30 - £40,000 a year and asks her parents for handouts up to £500 a month to help her get by. How can someone who still lives at home be struggling on that salary?

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/money-expert-defends-spending-habits-073606086.html

living beyond her means nothing more nothing less.

A big mortgage, massive coke habit, a big debt from her past, uninsured medical costs from a trip to america?

Lots of reasons!

Very easy to poke fun at this woman but without knowing her current out-goings and previous situation (if applicable) then it's pointless.

Although it's brave of her to be so honest about her situation, especially in this climate; I bet she gets a lot of flak online....

Bloom in' heck, her salary doesn't cover the basics! I'd be interested to know what her concept of 'the basics' is.

Very easy to poke fun at this woman but without knowing her current out-goings and previous situation (if applicable) then it's pointless.

very easy and very justified, silly women obviously has no concept of money, she lives with parents and what does she drive?? Aston Martin? we dont know but anyone who gets themselves into that sort of predicament deserves nothing more than ridicule.

A big mortgage, massive coke habit, a big debt from her past, uninsured medical costs from a trip to america?

Lots of reasons!

As she lives at home with her parents I doubt she has a mortgage.

On 11/18/2018 at 3:52 PM, iansheff said:

Earns £30 to £40k? Lol, the link says she takes home £40k.  ?

Wow, with a yearly like that it'd be like living in luxury compared to now..

How... Just... What?

She lives with her parents, but she might pay them rent.

Without any indication of her outgoings it's impossible to judge, but on the face of it she sounds totally ridiculous.

It we be quite a silly situation if she paid her parents rent at the start of the month only to borrow five hundred quid off them because she's skint at the end of the month.

No mention of big outgoings or previous problems, one can only assume she's utterly terrible with money.