Hockney painting 90 million.

My painting were better when I was at School in the Seventies. Ive still got a couple. I wonder what they are worth now. :gag::hihi:

Plenty of money around somewhere...

Austerity eh? Not for some

But the buyer might be from China. Or America. Or anywhere.

Considering the last two owners were successful people out of the UK I'm not sure where your snide remark is going.

My painting were better when I was at School in the Seventies. Ive still got a couple. I wonder what they are worth now. :gag::hihi:

Hockney's a great artist, you I'm not so sure about.

Tell you what, why not put up the Hockney piece and one of yours and let the public decide?

Tell you what, why not put up the Hockney piece and one of yours and let the public decide?

Wouldn't really be fair to upstage the poor chap. :hihi:

hockney art is a bit like the emperors new clothes:roll: the art world say its great and some mug pays 90 mil dollars for it:hihi: but hey good luck to him its the buyer who is the fool:loopy:

Hmmm... :huh:

... I know it's a painting and therefore is an artistic interpretation of a scene and so it's not meant to be photo-realistic, but for that price I would expect it to be a bit more accurate.

Has anyone else noticed the angle and length of the persons shadow?

Linky here

Now if the Sun was so low as to produce such a long shadow, wouldn't it also be behind the hill on the left and therefore the bushes in the middle would also be much darker?

And if the Sun was high enough up overhead to light the bushes then the shadow would obviously be much shorter? :suspect:

hockney art is a bit like the emperors new clothes:roll: the art world say its great and some mug pays 90 mil dollars for it:hihi: but hey good luck to him its the buyer who is the fool:loopy:

You bet me to it.

Angel1.

Hmmm... :huh:

... I know it's a painting and therefore is an artistic interpretation of a scene and so it's not meant to be photo-realistic, but for that price I would expect it to be a bit more accurate.

Has anyone else noticed the angle and length of the persons shadow?

Linky here

Now if the Sun was so low as to produce such a long shadow, wouldn't it also be behind the hill on the left and therefore the bushes in the middle would also be much darker?

And if the Sun was high enough up overhead to light the bushes then the shadow would obviously be much shorter? :suspect:

At least all the body parts are the right place..have you seen some of Picasso's work :D

What an obscene waste of money.

It looks like something a decent painter and decorator could knock up in their lunch break.

Edited by Broakham