Last night, Manchester Rd

What happened on here last nite, I have been told about police cars and the other services being there for a few hours during the curse of the nite, from about 2am

Hi there,Yea I was there actually.A car had hit a tree,minutes before I got there.There were children in the car.Aged 7 and 11.A passing motorist saw the children in the road and pulled up to give assistance.Luckily the children were fine and I spoke to them to make sure.When I got there the passengers in the front were unconscious.Then emergency services then turned up.Hope everyone is ok.It was quite frightening.

Hi there,Yea I was there actually.A car had hit a tree,minutes before I got there.There were children in the car.Aged 7 and 11.A passing motorist saw the children in the road and pulled up to give assistance.Luckily the children were fine and I spoke to them to make sure.When I got there the passengers in the front were unconscious.Then emergency services then turned up.Hope everyone is ok.It was quite frightening.

Sadly not it seems.

From SYP's Facebook page

APPEAL: Did you see collision on A57 this morning?

Police in Sheffield have issued an appeal for witnesses following a collision on the A57 Manchester Road in the early hours of this morning (Sunday 27 December), in which a woman died.

Emergency services were called at around 1.20am following reports a blue Toyota Corolla Verso had been involved in a collision, near to the junction with Den Bank Avenue on the A57 Manchester Road.

No other vehicles are believed to have been involved and the Toyota is understood to have been travelling towards Sheffield at the time of the collision.

A woman travelling as a front seat passenger in the Toyota was pronounced dead at the scene.

The driver of the car, a man believed to be in his 50s, suffered life-threatening injuries and was taken to hospital where he remains in a critical condition.

Two children aged 11 and 7, also travelling in the car, suffered minor injuries.

Officers are providing support to the family and would ask that care is taken when posting on social media.

Witnesses to the collision, or anyone with information that could help officers, should call 101 quoting incident number 87 of 27 December 2015.

The family who had an accident were family friends of ours such a sad time for all the family and friends, the driver of the car is still critical and kids are fine just shook up, I really hope the driver is ok would be so sad if both parents passed away

I was woken up by sirens at 2am so it was almost certainly this. I was hoping it wouldn't have been so serious.

My condolences to the family of the lady.

So sad, so shocking and sadly so many accidents at this spot, I live on Tofts lane opposite Manchester Rd so hear the sirens too many times weekly go on that road to an accident somewhere, two blues and twos this morning on Rivelin Valley Rd.

Deepest condolences to the families involved

My sincere condolences to the family. I really wish there was more that we could have done at the scene.Unfortunately there wasn't. R.I.P to the lady that passed away.I pray for the driver that he makes a full recovery.

Based upon the police request that has been made. That has kindly been posted on this read. This thread is going to be closed. Since the family may visit the forum