Particularly heavy traffic today 16/11/15

Took me 90 minutes to drive from Middlewood to Moorfoot this morning - anyone know why the traffic was so very heavy today?

Tree blown down or something??

Pretty windy last night.

Some road closures around Hallamshire / University today. Glossop Road closed to traffic going into town near students' union, Wilkinson St closed.

Even our tram was 20 mins late getting to Middlewood this morning - 3 lots of passengers crammed onto one tram heading back to town. Don't know what caused that though, presumably nothing to do with the road closures, although nothing would surprise me!

Edited by Olive

Took me an hour from Hillsborough to Shalesmoor today and then 45 minutes from Shalesmoor to Broomhall. Couldn't see anything in particular?

Took me an hour from Hillsborough to Shalesmoor today and then 45 minutes from Shalesmoor to Broomhall. Couldn't see anything in particular?

Monday mornings, don't you just love 'em?

It's still pretty snarled up around the Hallamshire Hosp area at the moment.

Yeah, amazing how one stretch of Glossop Road just jams up the entire city!

I recall seeing a matrix sign on the ring road (yesterday) warning of closures on Fulwood Road all this week. I think I've also seen some of the usual Streets ahead "we are going to do some work, move your car" type signs on Fulwood road around Ranmoor.

May be something to do with this?

At a 2.3% increase in traffic per year at some point it will become a permanent grid-lock.

I think the increase for traffic and congenstion in Sheffield is higher than the national average.

even at 6.30am this morning it was busier than usual ... i sat on London Road, by the small Sainsburys through 3 light changes, in a queue of traffic ... not sure what the blockage / delay was :/