Second referendum time? SF Poll

Vaati

As you can't seem to post like adults, this thread is now closed. You are not to post a new thread or derail any other thread on the subject.

Message added by Vaati

Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?  

190 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should we have a 2nd referendum now we know the deal?

• Yes
    • No
    • I wont be voting anyway Im sick of it all

Keep up.

The People’s Vote are advocating three choices on the ballot.

1) Accept the deal that’s been brokered.

2) Leave without a deal.

3) Remain in the EU

The only fair way for a People's Vote, if these are the only 3 options, is for not to remain, if 3 doesn't outnumber 1+2.

If these are the options, then it's the most flawed 'quiz' since I read the SCC application for my road to be placed in the permit zone.

You should abide by what Parliament decides. So if a second referendum is given, what will you do?

That is just a big IF but IF one is given I will vote again.

That is just a big IF but IF one is given I will vote again.

Not a big IF at all. If the draft is voted down. What will happen next?

What was it that David Davies (remember him?) said?

"If a democracy cannot change its mind, it ceases to be a democracy”.

Yes he did and as you have been reminded many times before that was in a speech condemning the EU and basically saying its members could not change their minds once a member.

So moving towards Leave means that the UK ceases to be a democracy - and yet you continues to spout about democratic choice?

Hypocrite!

How can I be a hypocrite when you dont even seem to know how the UK democratic system works.

BTW did you use your democratic vote?

---------- Post added 18-11-2018 at 00:02 ----------

I'm afraid you do.

No really I dont, its just you wanting me too.

I'm saying that the government can stop Brexit without a referendum because the majority of people in the UK have never wanted to leave.

Yes the government can try and stop brexit but that is also up to the EU and its courts and as it stands at the moment we cannot simply unilaterally withdraw from A50. The flaw in you argument is stating that the majority of people in the UK never wanted to leave when the majority were never asked.

If you disagree with that then you either have to demonstrate that the majority do wish to leave or justify why such a fundamental move should be made without the backing of the majority.

No I dont. Democracy has dictated through the correct ways in holding a referendum that the majority of the electorate that took part voted leave and that decision carries. We seem to have several people on here who do not seem to know just how our democratic system works. If parliament want to give the people another referendum then that is parliaments choice and not ours.

---------- Post added 18-11-2018 at 00:06 ----------

Not a big IF at all. If the draft is voted down. What will happen next?

Sorry I just had to laugh again at what you have just put...:hihi:

Posts have been removed that could be seen to breach our Ts and Cs.

If you cant disagree without resorting to insults then its probably better to not post at all.

I'm very dubious about a second referendum - if remain won my view is the EU are highly likely to make our re-entry dependent on accepting the euro and Schengen...

We haven’t left yet though

Edited by Henrietta

Im not reading through 12 pages so apologies if repeating others views but my own opinion is that the Remainers main argument is "you didnt know what you were voting for"

if we have a 2nd vote do people still know what they are voting on? would we get the 500+ pages document coming through the door or only the media style 1 page snippets that the parties would want us to hear. Anyone saying they would vote now based on the new document is not really doing that as how many have read it and understood it properly. It would be no different to the first one in terms of factual information.

8 hours ago, sheffbag said:

Im not reading through 12 pages so apologies if repeating others views but my own opinion is that the Remainers main argument is "you didnt know what you were voting for"

Partly, they were being told by some that we would still be in the single market and others that would not be the case and trade outside the EU would be great.

Also, the Irish border was hardly mentioned in the press, not to mention our minority Government that we have now.

We still don't know what will happen on the border, killings or not.

And thats the point. If a 2nd vote was held regardless what it was on i.e Revoke Brexit or on the bill itself, then people still wouldnt know what they were voting on and if it was a vote to leave or accept the bill you would still have the same argument from the losers of the vote.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:39 AM, sheffbag said:

if we have a 2nd vote do people still know what they are voting on? would we get the 500+ pages document coming through the door or only the media style 1 page snippets that the parties would want us to hear. Anyone saying they would vote now based on the new document is not really doing that as how many have read it and understood it properly. It would be no different to the first one in terms of factual information.

A large part of the remainers argument is that many many people have now changed their minds.