IMPORTANT NEWS...

As previously warned, Sheffield Forum is changing to new software - view the preview here

This is scheduled for Sunday 18th Nov. The forum will be closed and unavailable an extended period of time (24-36 hours) to allow for this major transition.

Please note that some private messages will not be transferred. Therefore we strongly urge you to take manual back-ups of any important messages now.
Sheffield Forum

Sheffield house buying system -Closed bids?

Home > Sheffield > Sheffield Property & Housing

Reply To Topic

10-11-2018, 13:50   #41
mossdog

Total Posts: 4,260
.......was contacted by Blundells yesterday over a property I had recently viewed.I asked had there been any offers?........yes two......what is the current best offer? sorry we can't disclose that.......why?......it's a new rule we started 2 years ago!...
"Speechless"........might as well go to the sealed bids farce then?.....Errrr....end of conversation!
10-11-2018, 15:39   #42
bendix

Total Posts: 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclone View Post
You could of course contact the vendor yourself, you've got the address, pop a note through the door, or send something through the post.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 07:29 ----------

Yes, lying to people in a professional capacity to induce a higher offer (or any offer) is fraud and probably obtaining a pecuniary advantage through deception. But fraud is easier to say, right.
It's pretty much the very definition of defrauding someone isn't it, to lie that way.

---------- Post added 08-11-2018 at 07:30 ----------

The link you've provided says that it's specifically when the current bid is below the reserve and so no current offer is valid.
Iíll repeat the question. What law has been broken. Can you provide a link to show this is actually illegal.
Yesterday, 21:09   #43
Jeffrey Shaw
Mr

Total Posts: 15,592
Maybe the Theft Act 1968 or the Fraud Act 2006?
_______
JEFFREY SHAW
Solicitor with Nether Edge Law
Contact me on jss@netheredgelaw.co.uk
Today, 10:19   #44
Cyclone

Total Posts: 72,006
Yes, I think it's the theft act

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/...ion/16/enacted
Section 16 specifically
Obtaining pecuniary advantage by deception. (1)A person who by any deception dishonestly obtains for himself or another any pecuniary advantage shall on conviction on indictment be liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.

---------- Post added 18-11-2018 at 09:21 ----------

Oh, and repeating the question "What laws have been broken? Specifically i mean. I can't think of one."
I answered that giving the specific details of the law.
You didn't ask for a link. So there's no need to "repeat the question" and imply that it wasn't answered when you actually mean is that you then want further information because you can't be bothered to google it for yourself.
Frankly I'm surprised that you think it needs proof. You might as well be asking me for proof that running off with physical goods from a shop is a crime. It's self evident that lying in order to drive up bids is a crime.
_______
Ask yourself, what would Chuck Norris do?
Youtube videos, snowboarding, climbing, bad drivers.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmn...qpXEZMGnJHf3Wg

Last edited by Cyclone; Today at 10:23.
Reply To Topic