U buffet Closed

U buffet has it closed down or just being done up. Websites running but on Google it says it's closed and can't find it on Facebook now and no answer on the phone

Been closed for several weeks, there was a handwritten sign saying closed for refurbishment but that's been there that long it's faded away with the sunlight.

Food safety inspectors considered U Buffet to be one of Sheffield's most unhygienic eateries. Maybe that is the reason why it eventually closed.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/revealed-the-sheffield-food-outlets-with-the-worst-hygiene-ratings-1-8300899

11 months after that inspection they were given a 4 out of 5 (Good) food hygiene rating, so unless it went downhill again Im not sure how relevant your 2 year old link is to the current closure.

Edited by nikki-red

11 months after that inspection they were given 4 out of 5 (Good), so unless it went downhill again Im not sure your 2 year old link is relevant to the closure.

I'm pretty sure The Sheffield Star made it front page news at the time. I imagine a lot of people read about U-Buffet and I am pretty much certain it was the main factor for the place gaining a bad reputation.

Put it this way - if my favourite restaurant had been investigated for bad hygiene I would never return again. They wouldn't get a second chance.

I personally don't think Sheffield City Council and the law in general are hard enough with these food places with poor hygiene. It's a serious business if somebody were to get food poisoning.

Food safety inspectors considered U Buffet to be one of Sheffield's most unhygienic eateries. Maybe that is the reason why it eventually closed.

https://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/revealed-the-sheffield-food-outlets-with-the-worst-hygiene-ratings-1-8300899

Unfortunately it was the star with very poor skills that worded this article. The reason they were scored down was to record keeping and recommendation to kitchen layout which they sorted and requested a revisit very quickly. You can't request this for 12 week after the first visit. This article like most things in the star is miss leading. I believe that there was even a article in the star later on that gave explanation on the reasons why some places scored low due to complaints.

If you look at the online food agency site you get a understanding it is record keeping, conditions or other why a place has not got 4 or 5.

Don't be guided by very biased articles especially from the star

11 months after that inspection they were given a 4 out of 5 (Good) food hygiene rating, so unless it went downhill again Im not sure how relevant your 2 year old link is to the current closure.

The damage was already done courtesy of that inspection, though. Once a dog has a bad name, it sticks.

Any advances on what's happening?

On 11/11/2018 at 3:35 PM, haddy said:

U buffet has it closed down or just being done up. Websites running but on Google it says it's closed and can't find it on Facebook now and no answer on the phone

There's a clue then!;)

How many Chinese buffets have gone now?  5? 6?    No 1.  Landmark  (Jumbo) .   Flaming Dragon.   Wokmania.  U buffet.       Its crazy.    

Edited by avalunche

2 hours ago, avalunche said:

How many Chinese buffets have gone now?  5? 6?    No 1.  Landmark  (Jumbo) .   Flaming Dragon.   Wokmania.  U buffet.       Its crazy.    

Do you think their patrons will be losing weight?