Grenfell Tower effigy burning

I wouldn't read that much into it. Most people are members just for the cheap booze or sports.

I used to live near one in a grotty hole called Rishton in Lancashire. Hardly a Tory stronghold but the place was always busy, and I'm sure that was because of the £1.50 a pint real ale.

I wouldn't want to see them prosecuted, however having their names & faces pastered all over the papers & internet will be punishment as everyone can see what callous and nasty people they are.

My thoughts exactly and if the Police/Crown prosecution do spend a fortune taking them to court it just shows how much they react to the press rather than devoting time and money to more serious crime like knife crime and murders going on every week in the capital which is surely where their resources should be spent.If they have money left after exploring every single lead then fair enough but something tells me they don't.

On 09/11/2018 at 21:17, melthebell said:

Not sure how true it is, but this says they are members of South Norwood Conservative Club

I find it strange how this is now being reported.

Paul Bussetti, a property millionaire, told Westminster Magistrates’ Court the effigy was set alight at a bonfire party as a “joke”. (The Independant)

England’s chief magistrate, Emma Arbuthnott, called the handling of the case against 47-year-old Paul Bussetti “appalling” after evidence was disclosed to the defence just as she was retiring to consider her verdict on Thursday. (The Guardian)

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2019/aug/22/paul-bussetti-court-effigy-grenfell-tower-bonfire-joke-about-own-friend-group-video

Edited by El Cid

21 minutes ago, Penistone999 said:

should never have been prosecuted in the first place. Correct outcome. 

Their names in the papers and their lives never being the same again is probably punishment enough. No surprise to see you backing them up though!

Edited by Mister Gee