The Shakespeare - One of the top 10 craft beer pubs in the UK

Sheffield can now boast one of the top 10 craft beer pubs in the UK as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/oct/27/50-best-uk-pubs-sunday-lunch-craft-beer-history-dog-friendly

Don't agree with everything in that list of course, but I do agree about Shakespeare's being a top, top pub. And it's not the first time Shakespeare's as featured prominently in such as list, as can be seen in the last "Peel Ale"! :wink:

Sheffield can now boast one of the top 10 craft beer pubs in the UK as well.

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/oct/27/50-best-uk-pubs-sunday-lunch-craft-beer-history-dog-friendly

Every time I have been in there, it has been rather smelly on account of the toilets.

I know many people who avoid it for that reason, so I am surprised its considered one of the best. I'd rather drink slightly less good beer somewhere without that issue (of which there are many such pubs available Sheffield).

the toilets were fixed a while ago...

It's considered one of the best because it is one of the best!

the toilets were fixed a while ago...

It's considered one of the best because it is one of the best!

Oh, thats good to hear. Will give it another go then. I stopped going several years ago, because the problem had persisted for so long - I had the impression they could not possibly care about i!

Definitely one of the best (and I moved five years ago to make it my 'local').

Just a shame that so many of the customers (especially at weekends and in December) forget how to use their "indoors voices" within five minutes of "sniffing the barmaid's apron".