Sheffield Stores - Festive Opening Times

That shop that Ronnie Barker & David Jason used to run is open all hours (can you see what I've done there?)

I hate to break it to you...but it's only pretend! :hihi::hihi::hihi:

It's still definitely "still open all hours".

I saw David Jason on the "one show" and he confirmed it.:hihi:

Does anyone know the opening times & closing time for Meadowhall on Boxing Day Pls

What time does it open Boxing Day? Thanks

---------- Post added 25-12-2015 at 19:28 ----------

Meadowhall boots

:loopy: the lot of you :thumbsup: When I was a lad, you were lucky to find any shop open on a normal Sunday. Saturday was hit and miss and Thursday (I think) was half day closing in a lot of places.

Christmas - well!!! It was nigh on 2 weeks shutdown :help: how did we ever manage before t'internet eh.

Before any of you start, NO they weren't the good old days :hihi:

These days are far far better but because shops close and staff have a reasonable break what is the problem?? If people can't manage for 1 or 2 days without a shop my heart breaks for you :rolleyes:

There will ALWAYS be people worse off than you that have no choice in the matter. Those round Carlisle and surrounding areas, bet they're not looking for a shop open :rant:

:loopy: the lot of you :thumbsup: When I was a lad, you were lucky to find any shop open on a normal Sunday. Saturday was hit and miss and Thursday (I think) was half day closing in a lot of places.

Christmas - well!!! It was nigh on 2 weeks shutdown :help: how did we ever manage before t'internet eh.

Before any of you start, NO they weren't the good old days :hihi:

These days are far far better but because shops close and staff have a reasonable break what is the problem?? If people can't manage for 1 or 2 days without a shop my heart breaks for you :rolleyes:

There will ALWAYS be people worse off than you that have no choice in the matter. Those round Carlisle and surrounding areas, bet they're not looking for a shop open :rant:

Well said!!!!!! if you buy a bottle of milk today it will have at least 7 day shelf life if delivered today/bread 3/4 days The people who want all the shops and meadowhall to be open will be the ones who have finished xmas eve and wont go back till 4th jan. asked them to work a bank hol or weekend and they would say a big no way. with the emergency services working all thru christmas, people in care homes etc, not everyone has the luxury of a break at christmas/new year. and like the previous post says, think of those less fortunate who are without food/drink/a home/electricity, not just worried about buying the daily mirror,what time eastenders is on or where the sky remote has gone