St. John Fisher School in the 1960's

Hi, Did anyone go to St. John Fisher school in the 1960's, and do you remember Mr Davidson the history teacher?

It is now closed and is a fire and rescue station!!!

It would be nice to contact anybody who was there...interesting times!!!

I went there in the mid sixties - we emigrated to Canada in 1966. My teacher was Miss Curley.

Gosh! I remember Miss Curly; although I went to St John Fishers Junior school in Hackenthorpe, she was my form teacher there in the early 70's . As I remember she always wore lots of layers of clothes - even in the height of summer. Sadly my memories of her are not good ones.

Can we establish whether we're talking about St John Fisher secondary at Woodhouse/Handsworth, or St John Fisher primary at Hackenthorpe?

My stepson went to SJF primary.

Can we establish whether we're talking about St John Fisher secondary at Woodhouse/Handsworth, or St John Fisher primary at Hackenthorpe?

My stepson went to SJF primary.

The clue's in the opening post PT.

If it's now used by the fire service it's the old St John Fisher Secondary school building on Beaver Hill Road, twixt Handsworth & Woodhouse.

Gosh! I remember Miss Curly; although I went to St John Fishers Junior school in Hackenthorpe, she was my form teacher there in the early 70's . As I remember she always wore lots of layers of clothes - even in the height of summer. Sadly my memories of her are not good ones.

i used to go to sjf primary and i remember miss curly

And were your memories of her good ones Jacky?

And were your memories of her good ones Jacky?

good ones, strict ones but it was the 60s

Mr Melia once sent out to the post office for some stamps..

can u imagine that happening now....

I took my time n bought some sweets

happy days

Hi there, I was at St John Fisher, Woodhouse from the opening till 1968.. anyone there from that time??..

Cheers

Jim Doherty

Hi Philip, I attended the school from the opening till 1968..I was 15 when I left.. My name is James Doherty now 57 years old ..I played football for the first 11 and went on to play for Sheffield Unt for a few years.. I remember Mr Davidson but for the life of me cant remember any other teachers..Hope alls well with you..

Didn't go to the school but grew up on Beaver Hill Road (1964 - 1978) and I remember my parents saying the people that bought our house were moving there so their children could go to the school

Hi Ian, yes I remember Beaver Hill Rd.. so what school did you go to??.. I havent lived in Sheffield for 32 years.. I now live in New Zealand..Will be coming back next year for a visit.. My mum is 80 so will be great to see her as I havent been back for 7 years.. Hope alls well with you..