Dale's Fish & Chips, Hunters Bar

Does anyone remember Dale's Fish & Chip shop on Sharrowvale Road, Hunters Bar ??

Yeah, it was near the end of Hickmott Road, almost opposite the 'Two Steps'. A pal of mine used to get f.&c.s on the slate there! Later it declined where the queues were a dead give-away: Dales empty while they were down the steps and into the street over the road - it was a very small chippy. I think this was covered in a previous thread?

Good Luck!

Yes it was, in the Hunters Bar thread, but as my parents were the Dale's in the Dale's fish & chips I thought it would be nice to get some comments, and enjoy the memories :)

Wasn't your dad (Billy?) a club turn before he had the chippy? Might be wrong but it was a long time ago....

Yes Billy was my papa. He was a club singer, before we had the chippy and for sometime while we had it, but then hung up his microphone, and just carried on with the chippy, until they both retired.

Its a Pasta Restaurant now, after quite a few owners from it finishing as Dales

ha ha i used to get my chips in Dales,in fact i almost lived outa there for a while .Used to get them on tick and settle up weekly lol.

i used to live at 266 Sharrow Vale Rd next door but one to Dales..

ah billy dales best chippy in my book,he was a loverly man,i spent hours at the garage next door and we allways had our dinners from there,ps,god bless terry stone r,i,p, yes billy dale was a well liked man,from childhood to adulthood till he sold it we went there,regards

just thought id mention i met a loverly lady at dales chip shop,i had an american car at the time,maybee shel read this and get in touch and chat about old times,im on facebook ian marriott a picture of me next to a green car me wearing a grey shirt,

This brings back memories for me (good times) Billy was a nice bloke and his wife, many a time sat in back room having chips and cheese n onion fritter for lunch with their daughter often wondered how they all are.:)

Edited by shefflad2