Remember little Wembley off shepcote lane

Anybody remember playing sports at Little Wembley ?

We used to walk down Tinsley Park Rd and up over what is now Shepcote Lane.

No medical or first aid..... no phones...... 45 gallon drum filled with rainwater to wash after football.

The 'Snowflake' generation have no idea what it was like then. Mind you we all enjoyed it!!

Anybody remember playing sports at Little Wembley ?

We used to walk down Tinsley Park Rd and up over what is now Shepcote Lane.

No medical or first aid..... no phones...... 45 gallon drum filled with rainwater to wash after football.

The 'Snowflake' generation have no idea what it was like then. Mind you we all enjoyed it!!

Was that place near Ranskill Road ?

Was that place near Ranskill Road ?

if you went to Coleridge road sec mod in 1950/54 the little wemble was our football pitch and this was at ranskil road we had to walk down tinsley park road pass cutty meadows watching the men in the rolling mill at work the slatterd window what a great memory this brings back

if you went to Coleridge road sec mod in 1950/54 the little wemble was our football pitch and this was at ranskil road we had to walk down tinsley park road pass cutty meadows watching the men in the rolling mill at work the slatterd window what a great memory this brings back

I didn't live in the area but my Aunt and Uncle did -The Bowler's at 14 March Street- and their back yard was next to the school and my uncle, Charlie Bowler, worked at Cutty Meadow's.

I didn't live in the area but my Aunt and Uncle did -The Bowler's at 14 March Street- and their back yard was next to the school and my uncle, Charlie Bowler, worked at Cutty Meadow's.

i played at little wembley against coleridge school for whitby rd.lost in the semi final of the clegg shield.they had a very good team,few of them played for Sheffield boys.also played there for Woodbourne Youth Club.funny incedent in the game,there were no nets then,our manager was Fred Wilson a really great guy,he was leaning on our goal post talking to our goalie,a shot on goal was going just inside the post were he was,he stuck his head inside the post and headed it out.he got a ban from the powers that be.

Walked from Coleridge Rd school every week to play football on Little Webley near Ranskill Road

Hi, iwas best pals with Mike up to his early death,worked with Charlie at cuttys,what happened to Christiopher