Castlegate/old Market area redevelopment

Just seen on LN £5 million redevelopment plan for the Castle Market area, it looks quite good on the artists impression. Would be great if it happened but knowing this City I doubt it happening.

Just seen on LN £5 million redevelopment plan for the Castle Market area, it looks quite good on the artists impression. Would be great if it happened but knowing this City I doubt it happening.

I don't suppose the council said where the money is going to come from for the development?

5million? What are the turning it into? A surface car park?

SCC are chucking a mill into the bottomless pit, they are hoping the rest will come from the various heritage bodies out there. they want to rebuild part of the castle, ie the drawbridge.

Bit late for a drawbridge if you ask me, all the invaders are already inside!

SCC got their priorities clear as usual. :rant:

Having to be taken to court because they turn away big business and the collapse of the Sevenstones project.

But went onto Look North excited about building a bit of grass with some old ruins for £5m but they dont have the money to do it. It was cup in hand time.

An excavation of Sheffield Castle foundations will mean that the project will probably take about 10 years to complete too and double the budget.

Well done SCC!

Edited by Clown Shoes

The town planner stated that the council along with Sheffield historians [maybe Hallamshire] are going to expose the original Castle remains [funny thing is I never saw any when working down there when the Castle Market was built] Any way in case there is a problem in finding Camelot the Council are going to spend about Five Million [before interest on building their own toy one]

Int it marvellous where the money comes from when another madcap scheme arises from the ashes of the now much missed Market area.

The town planner stated that the council along with Sheffield historians [maybe Hallamshire] are going to expose the original Castle remains [funny thing is I never saw any when working down there when the Castle Market was built] Any way in case there is a problem in finding Camelot the Council are going to spend about Five Million [before interest on building their own toy one]

Int it marvellous where the money comes from when another madcap scheme arises from the ashes of the now much missed Market area.

You still whining about this ! :hihi:

I don't suppose the council said where the money is going to come from for the development?

Yes they did. According to Look North website. The interview will be available on BBC I player shortly. I think the Arts council, Sheffield University were mentioned. Watch the interview for more information

SCC got their priorities clear as usual. :rant:

Having to be taken to court because they turn away big business and the collapse of the Sevenstones project.

But went onto Look North excited about building a bit of grass with some old ruins for £5m but they dont have the money to do it. It was cup in hand time.

An excavation of Sheffield Castle foundations will mean that the project will probably take about 10 years to complete too and double the budget.

Well done SCC!

Its already built.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w7eQKbupAaY

As far as I understand it they are only putting £1m into the project and the rest is to be raised from other sources. If they didnt do anything a lot of you would moan and now they are trying to do something you moan anyway.

You still whining about this ! :hihi:

Thank you for your as usual constructive post , now please feel free to comment on the subject in question.