Brown Bear Sheffield City Centre - closed? Now re-opened.

A proper pub does`nt have music, pool tables, t.v.`s and kids in, it just sells real ale to people who want to have a drink, sit down and put the world to right.

Cheers

Must be serious the "Star" have just realised its shut , no doubt with super sleuths on the case all will be revealed

A very different city centre experience, been going there on and off since the early 80's....had its share of problems but a cheap and cheerful pint of Sam Smiths best bitter was always very pleasant

That's 2 S.Smiths pubs now closed with the Old Mother Redcap also.

That leaves 3?

Must be serious the "Star" have just realised its shut , no doubt with super sleuths on the case all will be revealed

they mustve read it on here again then :thumbsup:

A proper pub does`nt have music, pool tables, t.v.`s and kids in, it just sells real ale to people who want to have a drink, sit down and put the world to right.

Cheers

Why just real ale?

I'm with you on the sitting down bit though, far more conducive to talking.

When I said real ale I meant what we used to drink not people buying half and stood with one finger in their ear and discussing said half for 2 hours

Going out for a drink means a proper drink not 2 halves and a packet of rosemary flavoured nibbles

Oh how marvellous and totally awesome

When I said real ale I meant what we used to drink not people buying half and stood with one finger in their ear and discussing said half for 2 hours

Going out for a drink means a proper drink not 2 halves and a packet of rosemary flavoured nibbles

Oh how marvellous and totally awesome

When you realise that those halves potentially have more alcohol and certainly a damn sight more taste than 4 pints of boring brown beer then maybe you'll see the point. I've drank Sam Smith's beer so know of what I speak. Have you tried Lervig 3 Bean Stout? Or Brewdog Tokyo? You might like it.

Going out for a drink means whatever you want it to mean. Each to their own innit?

Guest makapaka
When you realise that those halves potentially have more alcohol and certainly a damn sight more taste than 4 pints of boring brown beer then maybe you'll see the point. I've drank Sam Smith's beer so know of what I speak. Have you tried Lervig 3 Bean Stout? Or Brewdog Tokyo? You might like it.

Going out for a drink means whatever you want it to mean. Each to their own innit?

What if someone likes a different beer to you? i.e. if they like Sam Smith's and not Brewdog Tokyo.

How are they going to realise that Brewdog Tokyo has more taste if they don't like it?

Rather than this turning into a rather boring predictable debate about one beer/ale being better than the other, anybody actually know why this pub is still closed?

Down town on Saturday night talked to a couple of regulars from the Brown Bear

The rumour has it that they are refurbishing the living quarters for new tenants and should be reopen in 3 weeks

Down town on Saturday night talked to a couple of regulars from the Brown Bear

The rumour has it that they are refurbishing the living quarters for new tenants and should be reopen in 3 weeks

Let us hope so , if the Bear shuts then the only City proper. pub left for proper Sheffielders to sup in will be the Norfolk on Dixon Lane.