The Attercliffe palace

As a kid 1943/46 I lived on Brinsworth street just passed the old Attercliffe Palace, and I can vaguely remember going there a few times, the last time was a Pantomime, "Snow white and the seven Dwarfs" must have been in 1946 when I was six .

My biggest memory of that night was standing on my own in the corridor out side the bar doors in the interval waiting for my mom and dad and being terrified as the seven dwarfs troop passed me and into the bar for a swift half...:hihi:

Any one else have memory's of the Palace ?

Edited by grinder

I remember the palace, the man who lived near us played the organ his name I think was jack chard we lived on brinsworth st

I remember the Palace well, although too young to have visited, I remember my mam telling me she went there on VE night.

The star turn at the Palace was "Jane" and in those days she had to keep still

In those days even her dog had to keep still.....:hihi:

But that was towards the end when it tried to become another Windmill but without the comedians..

I know they had acts like the Empire did because I remember once going and being mesmerized by a guy playing a musical saw, and pre Hewie Green, Carroll Levis brought his discovery's there....

Edited by grinder

Charlie Chaplin, Abbot & Costello were just two famous acts that appeared at the Palace Attercliffe.

Abbot & Costello while travelling to Chesterfield from Sheffield stopped for beers

At the Wagon & Horses in Dronfield bottom. (Where Sheffield Club play)

it was Laurel and Hardy that called in at the Coach and Horses in Dronfield.

it was Laurel and Hardy that called in at the Coach and Horses in Dronfield.

That maybe but I do know that Laurel and Hardy appeared at the Sheffield Empire approx. mid 1952 because I went to see them. fleetwood

Edited by fleetwood