Noel & Pete Hollingworth

Anyone on here know Noel & Pete? They lived, I'm pretty sure in walkley,pair of almost identical twins,little lads with waist length hair,they will be mid 50s now,used to go the Marquis of granby out in derbyshire with them in the mid 70s,I recall,Noel had a pale blue morris 1000,which had only two speeds,flat out and turned off! Pete had, I think an early ford pop in green,really good lads,just wondered how things had turned out for them,I recall Pete as being married to a lass called,Shirley I think,would love to hear how they are doing,regards all,Colin Eyre-----aka Sid.

I used to know pete & shirley very well he lives in S9 now got 3 girls well i say girls all grown up now last i knew pete was a grandad of 3 with 4th on way could even have been born by now. last i knew he was doing well but not spoke to them in a wile! had many a laugh with them :banana:

My husband is related to them, they are ok and got a new grandson,will get my father in law to pass message on for you

My husband is related to them, they are ok and got a new grandson,will get my father in law to pass message on for you

Thanks for that,just say hi from Sid with the flared socks!!!!

Ok will pass message on, sid with the flared socks

Anyone on here know Noel & Pete? They lived, I'm pretty sure in walkley,pair of almost identical twins,little lads with waist length hair,they will be mid 50s now,used to go the Marquis of granby out in derbyshire with them in the mid 70s,I recall,Noel had a pale blue morris 1000,which had only two speeds,flat out and turned off! Pete had, I think an early ford pop in green,really good lads,just wondered how things had turned out for them,I recall Pete as being married to a lass called,Shirley I think,would love to hear how they are doing,regards all,Colin Eyre-----aka Sid.

Hello sid,long time no see!! Many years since marquis of granby days, seems a life time ago. Still see Keith saynor, Walt, Dirk, Pete and Ben occasionally. Barry lives in france i think? I remember when you fell off back seat of my old ford pop and got a cracking black eye, we were taking a corner at about 50mph! Noel lives in Rotherham and is married to Glynis with 3 kids and 1 grandaughter. Im still married to Shirley and have 3 daughters and 4 grandchildren. What about you, what you up to these days, hope your well? Good to hear from you my email address is shollingworth@talktalk.net if you want to keep intouch.

Take Care, Pete

One is my dad , inbox me for details

Now in touch via facebook with Pete and Shirley.If it's Noel that's your Dad,send him my regards and tell him I dont get drunk as much these days!!!!

Noel and Pete Hollingworth.

To cut a long story short.

I remember Pete and Noel Hollingworth from my time in the early 70's at Wigfall's. We worked at the television depot, Bruce Works on Mowbray Street. My job at the depot was lugging telly's about, but most of the time I was a van lad [driver's mate] delivering and collecting from private addresses. I worked also on the shop van going to Wiggie's shops at Darnall, Spital Hill, Firth Park, Hillsborough, Fitzalan Square, London Road and The Moor.

Peter and Noel who were small thin lads, worked also at the depot, but were mainly drivers of the Bedford CA vans [sliding doors] . They at times also drove the newer CF vans. The Hollingworth twins were for Wigfalls a godsend,they walked fast, worked fast and they drove fast. They gave no backchat and got on with their work. I think it was Pete who used to wear a black leather jacket, and tight dark blue jeans and black pilot boots which were always unzipped. How he managed to walk in them was a mystery. At that time their hair just managed to cover their necks. Lol. I think they took their orders directly from Mr Don Woolhouse.

I didn't have much to do with them because I was most of the time out and about with my driver Mick Headford. I think the Hollingworths drove special assignments, floating drivers, taking things to the french polishers etc, situated at Walker Street. If anybody would like to be driven in a van around a corner or around a roundabout on two wheels at speed, and arrive safely, then the Hollingworths are your men . Them two would have been perfect doing Rally Cross. I believe it was Pete who had chipped front teeth, as a result of a swimming bath accident? They were both smokers as was I.

Some names they may recall from those days at Wiggie's;

Stuart Varley

Roy Surr

Pete Grayson

Jim Furniss

Denis Cerrone

Albert Coe

Derek Fulger

Harry Green

Ted Crabtree

Mr Sheehan

Mr Eshelby

Don Woolhouse

Mr Morell

Kevin Briggs

Brian Moreby

Fred Westerman

Ken Morris

Charlie Beecroft

Keith Bailey

Alan Statham

Colin Wilkinson

Tubby Joe

Ian Helliwell

Willis South

4 women int canteen

Driver called Dale[surname]

Phil Brunt[another fast driver]

Paul Harris[later joined RAF]

Ted Mansell Doreen[int office]

Denis Smith

Dave Renshaw.

I have written more in depth stuff on, Memories of Wigfalls, thread also on Sheffield Forum...

My name is Zakes and...

That' it.

Yes Noel is my father. Anyone wishing to get in touch send me a message I will pass on your details. Noel lived in Rotherham married two girls and myself.