Roadworks Handsworth

The problem with where they are moving the bus stop to is its just before the roundabout. so the buses are going to pull into the stop and then are going to have to pull out, and back across traffic to get into the right hand lane to go down darnall. at least at the minute they have a bit of space to make that move when the lights change. Its going to be chaos having the buses crossing lanes in such a small area. its an accident waiting to happen especially with all the impatient drivers already swapping lanes around there

The problem with where they are moving the bus stop to is its just before the roundabout. so the buses are going to pull into the stop and then are going to have to pull out, and back across traffic to get into the right hand lane to go down darnall. at least at the minute they have a bit of space to make that move when the lights change. Its going to be chaos having the buses crossing lanes in such a small area. its an accident waiting to happen especially with all the impatient drivers already swapping lanes around there

Totally agree with you, plus they are going to have to contend with all the traffic exiting Asda wanting to be in the left hand lane for the Parkway, which they don't have at the moment. Can't see many drivers being courteous and letting them out.

Guest busdriver1
Totally agree with you, plus they are going to have to contend with all the traffic exiting Asda wanting to be in the left hand lane for the Parkway, which they don't have at the moment. Can't see many drivers being courteous and letting them out.

But the change sequence will allow natural breaks in the flow of the traffic making an exit easier.

I read somewhere that the bus driver would be able to influence the lights, at Asda, stopping the traffic to allow bus to pull out.

I also read that there was a possibility of lights being put at the bottom of the exit slip from the Parkway, heading to town from M1, to interrupt traffic exiting the Parkway going round the roundabout and re-joining the Parkway. The hope would be to try to free up some of the queuing down Handsworth Road onto the roundabout.

Hey up I’ve seen some activity at the new bus stop :D:D:D as I went in Asda come out from shopping and they have gone ,seen more life and action in a sloath when they finally get this job done ha will it work when a bus pulls in for two lanes of cars can’t see it myself if 2 busses come at once they will stop traffic coming out of Asda

We will see we can always dig it up again sorry no faith whatsoever in these fools

Edited by lien1

Did you get a photo ? May be worth something " the lesser spotted amey worker " lol

Sorry no photo my camera has not got A fast shutter speed to catch anyone working

Edited by lien1

I read somewhere that the bus driver would be able to influence the lights, at Asda, stopping the traffic to allow bus to pull out.

I think that would cause chaos with the amount of buses, and frequency of said buses, that use the route: X5, X72, 52, 52A, 30 to name a few.

Saw 5 of Amey's finest there today. must have been there a good few hours too! I'd like to say they were working but that'd be stretching it somewhat....

I think that would cause chaos with the amount of buses, and frequency of said buses, that use the route: X5, X72, 52, 52A, 30 to name a few.

Saw 5 of Amey's finest there today. must have been there a good few hours too! I'd like to say they were working but that'd be stretching it somewhat....

Agreed.

Should get quite a bit busier round there when proposed KFC and Costa get built

Nice bit of road resurfacing on Handsworth Road, outside the Asda,which bizarrely stops short of the roundabout by around 50 yards....now i'm sure there's a good reason for it being done like that, but i can't think of it...!

Only 52 and 52A need to pill across into outside lane to go straight down Handsworth Road, the rest turn left onto Parkway.