HS2 - Swinston Hill Dinnington

Could it be fracking & the first opportunity to jump ship post planning application? (ie. the market is just picking up)

http://frack-off.org.uk/sites/land-adjacent-to-dinnington-road-woodsetts/

Now you've mentioned fracking ,there are little signs in grass verges etc saying say on to fracking

I have lived in Laughton since March 2000 and Worksop since 1992. Prior to that I used to drive from Whiston to friends at Worksop via Swinstons Hill. There has always been a turnover of houses up for sale on the main road. The last few years people have been selling off their houses to build a house(s) in their back gardens.

I have a friend who lives just off Swinstons Hill and it doesn't seem to be the area that is making people move.

The main road down Swinstons Hill itself is quite busy. On Sundays the Church goers make driving there a bit of a nightmare parking on the bend and solidly on both main roads.

---------- Post added 18-02-2018 at 09:28 ----------

Personally I really can't see how 10 minutes on a train is going to make the slightest bit of difference to those of us that have to do the London commute, and I'm sure the prices won't come down!

Oh boy, its not about cutting ten minutes off your journey. You have missed the whole point of HS2. If you move to Dinnington you won't have that problem anyway. Its much quicker to get the train from Retford or Doncaster than Sheffield. Its as quick, often quicker to drive to those stations too.

Edited by Chez2