Help with social media

Hi Anybody know of any courses or anyone who is a wizz with social media to help local cat rescue reach out to the public. Could do with some pointers for our Facebook and twitter accounts.

Joanne

Hi Anybody know of any courses or anyone who is a wizz with social media to help local cat rescue reach out to the public. Could do with some pointers for our Facebook and twitter accounts.

Joanne

Thought about using YouTube you could make videos of your work it's fairly straightforward to use plus makes people aware of what you do.

Business Sheffield offer a really good free 3 hr workshop on social media which focuses on twitter FB and Linkedin. The next one on 14th June is full but they'll be one in July.

Alternatively check out https://g.co/sheffieldgarage it's the 1st time Google have brought their Garage to the high street

I think you're best bet is to educate yourself :) a consultant would charge a lot. Google Digital Garage is your best bet - they will be really helpful if you can spare some time to go there.

There's a Google digital garage next to John Lewis in Sheffield. You can either book a 1-1 appointment or go to one of their work shops. There's no charge

As well as the Google digital garage (which my colleague attended and reported a good experience), I recently came across an event at Welcome To Sheffield called "Social Media Session at Creative Sheffield". I can't link to it but 11 Broad Street West, and the description is:

"How can social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn) be used to promote your business? Covers tips and tricks to grow your social media presence."

If you go to the Business Sheffield side of the Welcome To Sheffield events pages there are other coaching sessions including one for general marketing theories.

Hope that helps! :)

I've just been to the Google garage. Excellent. It's there for the next 4 months. Everyone should take advantage of it before they finish.

Google Digital Garage is good for beginners, if you want to take your knowledge on next level, in my opinion, you should watch comprehensive step by step guides on specific topics. I think it will be best if you make tests all the time and find out what works best in your case.

We have been recommending Google Garage to our team members and they even put on a workshop for us too!

We can;t sing their praises highly enough and it's great news that they are going to be staying in the city for a few extra months