Anybody using ccleaner

I am curious, when i close my browser i have started getting a pop up telling me that ccleaner can clean my computer automatically on closure. this has been happening over the last week. is this a genuine ccleaner thing or is there a nasty lurking? thanks in advance

What have you installed lately that came with ccleaner bundled?

no new instals. i have had ccleaner ever since windows 10 was issued.

Open CCleaner, go to "Options" on the left, then "Monitoring" and disable browser monitoring, or even disable everything in there, and see if it makes a difference..

Otherwise, you'll need to go to your browser plugins, and just disable/remove it from there....

What browser?

Open CCleaner, go to "Options" on the left, then "Monitoring" and disable browser monitoring, or even disable everything in there, and see if it makes a difference..

Otherwise, you'll need to go to your browser plugins, and just disable/remove it from there....

What browser?

i am using chrome

---------- Post added 04-12-2017 at 11:13 ----------

What browser?

thanks ghozer, that seems to have stopped the pop up. cheers.