Sheffield United 5 Sheffield Wednesday 0 (January 2018)

I fear that this could be a reality in January It could be even more. Picture that!

I heard Chris Wilder on TalkSPORT this morning, and he only has one intention on his mind before any game and that is 'Go out there and destroy the opposition'.

He wasn't too dismayed with the 5-4 loss to Fulham, and gave no indication that he was going to change his Philosophy.

With our players' current apathy, and no signs of a change in our approach, or the players' attitude, we could be in a seriously embarrassing situation for all the nation to see, come January.

Yes, Carlos may be part of the problem at Hillsborough, but to be fair, even a very poor tactical Manager (but decent Man Manager) would get more reaction from our very talented squad of players. I'm not sure that Carlos is failing tactically, or motivationally with the players. Maybe he is? Maybe it's the Portuguese coaching team that's the problem? As for me, I'm convinced it's the players that are letting the supporters down. Personal pride and the feeling good performances and good results give you, should fire these players on ................. but they don't seem to be fired up at all. Gary Megson would rip into them, and so would Big Ron Atkinson. Warnock would thrash 'em around the Dressing Room, and it wouldn't happen at all under Wilder. The truth is though, they SHOULDN'T need any kicking, they're representing 20 to 30,000 fans every week. I ask again, why so good against L***s, but so poor before that game, and since that game?

Bannan is fired up for every game, so's Fletcher and Lee. Reach seems to be 'at it' and Nuhiu always brings urgency on to the pitch with him.

If some players are up for the game, why are most of the others so flat and tame?

We need massive change in the attitude and lethargy on show at Hillsborough, very, very soon, or else we will searching for a new Manager over Christmas. There are few available and suitable that would improve on Carlos, and a lot that would be a damn sight worse, so we have to be careful of what we wish for.

I say again, I put the blame firmly in the players' court, and it's about time they sorted whatever problem they seem to have, and got on with the highly paid job of playing football.

Exciting, entertaining, and successful football.

I'd rather see a 5-4 than a 0-0, and so would thousands like me.

Edited by Hotmale 1954

I fear that this could be a reality in January It could be even more. Picture that!

I heard Chris Wilder on TalkSPORT this morning, and he only has one intention on his mind before any game and that is 'Go out there and destroy the opposition'.

He wasn't too dismayed with the 5-4 loss to Fulham, and gave no indication that he was going to change his Philosophy.

With our players' current apathy, and no signs of a change in our approach, or the players' attitude, we could be in a seriously embarrassing situation for all the nation to see, come January.

Yes, Carlos may be part of the problem at Hillsborough, but to be fair, even a very poor tactical Manager (but decent Man Manager) would get more reaction from our very talented squad of players. I'm not sure that Carlos is failing tactically, or motivationally with the players. Maybe he is? Maybe it's the Portuguese coaching team that's the problem? As for me, I'm convinced it's the players that are letting the supporters down. Personal pride and the feeling good performances and good results give you, should fire these players on ................. but they don't seem to be fired up at all. Gary Megson would rip into them, and so would Big Ron Atkinson. Warnock would thrash 'em around the Dressing Room, and it wouldn't happen at all under Wilder. The truth is though, they SHOULDN'T need any kicking, they're representing 20 to 30,000 fans every week. I ask again, why so good against L***s, but so poor before that game, and since that game?

Bannan is fired up for every game, so's Fletcher and Lee. Reach seems to be 'at it' and Nuhiu always brings urgency on to the pitch with him.

If some players are up for the game, why are most of the others so flat and tame?

We need massive change in the attitude and lethargy on show at Hillsborough, very, very soon, or else we will searching for a new Manager over Christmas. There are few available and suitable that would improve on Carlos, and a lot that would be a damn sight worse, so we have to be careful of what we wish for.

I say again, I put the blame firmly in the players' court, and it's about time they sorted whatever problem they seem to have, and got on with the highly paid job of playing football.

Well you have gained a lot of respect for your honesty mate.There seems to be something not right at Sheff 6 after paying decent money for players you would not expect them to be wanting in their attitude and out look.May be some clubs could learn a lesson from Wilder when spending money in the way he vets all new signings regarding their attitude on and off the pitch.Their outlook on things not just in football terms seem to be important to Wilder.May be that is Wilders secret but he seems to get a lot more out of his modest signings than what is expected of them.

Its United's success so far this season, that makes you, and many like you think like this.

Wednesday are not doing too bad. 4pts from a play off place

Most Wednesdayites are amazed how we are doing and a little dismayed how Wednesday are doing.

Don't rule out Wednesday just yet.

I'm not ruling us out. What I am saying, is that better attitudes would have put Lord knows how many more points on to our present total.

More importantly though, us, as supporters, would have enjoyed the games more, and would have a much more positive outlook.

Being a bit more content with things would make my days a wee bit sweeter. As it is, I'm feeling lethargic and almost past caring, and that's not right.

---------- Post added 25-11-2017 at 15:09 ----------

Its United's success so far this season, that makes you, and many like you think like this.

Most Wednesdayites are amazed how we are doing and a little dismayed how Wednesday are doing.

You can get boring points, deserved points, lucky points, easy points, surprise points and 'impossible' points.

I like to be entertained. I like to feel proud of my team. I like acclaim from pundits. I like opponents to be scared to face us. I like to look forward to games. I like to walk on air when I leave the stadium. On most points, we fail.

I just want to be proud, win lose or draw.

You sound like us when we had Blackwell in charge.

Or Adkins.It was painful to watch.

It won't be 5-0,don't worry,you'll get one.Somebody shoot from the half way line and it's bound to go in.

I said that a while ago, ( in relation to United’s successful start) and was advised that Wednesday fans aren’t bothered about United. Mind you same person said that Leon wouldn’t get 10 goals all season :hihi:

It won't be 5-0,don't worry,you'll get one.Somebody shoot from the half way line and it's bound to go in.

We've only had 3 or 4 shots in the last 3 games, so if we do manage a lucky goal at the Lane, you can put a zillion pounds on it, we won't score 2.

That said, Carlos has just revealed that we are 'ready to attack more' (whatever that means) against Hull, so we look forward to a goal fest.

To back that up Loovens has said that 'we have to make sure we're hard to beat before we can attack more'

I assume that that means that the Manager, the players, and the coaching staff have decided that the 'hard to beat' goal has been achieved, and we can now be more attacking. (I nearly said 'Offensive', but I know what some on here are like! :hihi:

I hope that Carlos' 'wait for the right time' strategy is genius, and we go on to be the new 'Keegan's Newcastle'. For those who don't remember KK's tactics, it was easy. Attack, attack and attack again.

He won nowt, but he entertained the whole country and (I think) finished 2nd in the Premier League. I stand to be corrected on that, but I do remember loving watching them.

Anyway, we'll see what happens tomorrow.

It could scare the nation to death! :hihi:

Well Carlos saying we're going to attack more to me is an admission he was negative.

I'll be over the moon if we can get away with only 5 at the Lane. It appears highly likely that 2 Derby records will be shattered this season.

4 at Hillsborough, 6 or 7 at the Lane (maybe more)?

Gutless, spineless, useless, pointless.

Thank you, our 'great squad'