Wizard of Oz at the Crucible

Went last night, without great expectations, to see the Wizard of Oz at the Crucible. I am delighted to report that it was an outstanding experience, enjoyed by an audience with a wide age-range from children to seniors. It was a real feel-good winter warmer, which made great use of the Crucible stage - lots of colour, lots of imagination, an extraordinary dog, great performances by a group of youngsters, and strong performances from all the professionals, everything you could want from a mid-winter musical. We came out into the cold afterwards still smiling. If you are hesitating about whether to go - get your seats booked. It could make for an expensive Xmas if families go to this and the panto, but the Wizard of Oz is sure to please.

I'd rather Hamlet! Or any other Shakespeare.

I'd rather Hamlet! Or any other Shakespeare.

I don't quite understand the point of your reply. I described it as a real winter-warmer, a feel-good musical for all the family. I don't think anyone would go expecting Hamlet. Though it does have something of the fantasy of some Shakespeare comedies. If you can suspend your disbelief as you might for a Shakespeare comedy, you might enjoy it!

We go on the 27th, really looking forward to it, especially now hearing your glowing report.

would really like totake my boys is there a family ticket

would really like totake my boys is there a family ticket

I don't think so. Try the Sheffield Theatres booking site - it seems much easier to use than it used to be. The tickets are not cheap, but having seen the show, I can understand why. Have you got a generous relative looking for ideas for a Xmas present?

What are the cheaper seats like?

We've already done panto in premium seats ,but £15 isn't bad for the side seats at Crucible.

What are the cheaper seats like?

We've already done panto in premium seats ,but £15 isn't bad for the side seats at Crucible.

If you can get them at that price, then I would think they would be fine. You might not get a good view of one of the special effects in Part 2, but in general the production uses the whole stage and you would feel equally involved. Hope that helps.

Well i have to admit, my first visit to the Crucible, which is unusual in its way.

But this show was superb. Well acted ,fabulous stage production and concept.

Didn't buy the cheap seats in the end and worth every penny.