Anyone fix monitors?

Come to my house bring your monitor or pc I have loads of expensive HDMI cables not a cheap ones for God sake they're big difference between cheap and expensive!

Come to my house bring your monitor or pc I have loads of expensive HDMI cables not a cheap ones for God sake they're big difference between cheap and expensive!

What is the difference between an expensive HDMI cable and a cheap one besides the cost especially as the data they transmit is in digital format.

Ok, I kinda agree... I wouldn't pay £1 for an HDMI cable, as it could fall to bits, the actual plug could just be injection molded, which means they bend/pull out easily..

but the same will be said, I won't pay past around £5 for an HDMI cable, as there's no point, gold plated only makes a difference for analogue connections, HDMI is Digital, gold plated does not make a difference to digital...

Also 'Branded' HDMI are usually just made in the same places as the cheap(er) ones..

I purchased 3x 5 meter, flat HDMI 1.4 (with ethernet) for £12 from ebay, and they are perfect, good build quality, exactly as they should be, and work perfect...

paying a fortune for an HDMI cable is silly.... just a quick google can show several articles backing up what I said...

HDMI cables are a PITA, I have had issues with both dirt cheap and more expensive.

One thing I would suggest to avoid, any cable that is claiming to be better because its much thicker with fancy braids etc. Those cables are too heavy and can actually break the HDMI port.

Not to be mistaken for normal-sized HDMI cables with braided covers, which are fine.

These seemed pretty good http://amzn.to/2BlL5aC

---------- Post added 29-11-2017 at 15:20 ----------

Ok, I kinda agree... I wouldn't pay £1 for an HDMI cable, as it could fall to bits, the actual plug could just be injection molded, which means they bend/pull out easily..

but the same will be said, I won't pay past around £5 for an HDMI cable, as there's no point, gold plated only makes a difference for analogue connections, HDMI is Digital, gold plated does not make a difference to digital...

Also 'Branded' HDMI are usually just made in the same places as the cheap(er) ones..

I purchased 3x 5 meter, flat HDMI 1.4 (with ethernet) for £12 from ebay, and they are perfect, good build quality, exactly as they should be, and work perfect...

paying a fortune for an HDMI cable is silly.... just a quick google can show several articles backing up what I said...

Did you actually find flat ones that aren't injection molded?