Meynell Road School - 1958 - 64

Did anyone go to Meynell Road School during this period.

I was there in the Infants and then the Juniors. There used to be a senior school too but believe it closed in 64 when all the pupils moved to other schools (I believe the majority moved to Chaucer which had become a Comprehensive),

Do any Forummers have any memories of the school - pupils/teachers?

My dad went to Meynell Road he is in his early 60's.He is a forumer so he might post.

Garry & David Southwell, think they would have been there during that time.

Don't know any of the posted names. But they may have all been in the senior school.

I left the juniors in 1964 to go to Chaucer Comprehensive.

I was at Meynell until 1963 - remember loads of peoples names - I think smileyjiver you would be a bit younger - do you remember a Mrs Hibbert who was a teaching assistant/general dogs body. I remember Mrs Sargeant/Nowell

she was headmistress.

A couple of names from 1963 - Nigel Hibbert and Vaughan Londsdale - anyone remember them. Teacher Mr Styan

I remember Mrs Sargent and Miss (?) Nowell/Newell?

I also remember a Mr Ford - he used to take us swimming at Hillsborough Baths.

Some of the pupils names I remember were the Foxes, Marilyn Hunt, Steven Pickering.

G'day everyone I went to Meynell Road starting in 2nd year of juniors about 1962 and left to go to Southy Green High in 1965. My name is Steve Beatson . I remember Mrs Sargent headmistress , Mr Ford anyone play in his orchestra ? Mrs Beaumont , Mr Plant. Houses were Lion ,Unicorn can't remember the other two

I think Griffin and Falcon were the other houses. Mrs Sargent got married later and because Mrs Nowell .

Oh The shame and to think I was captain of Griffin and I couldn't remember them. You would remember them starting to make the playing field that finished up having 3 levels I think. I certainly remember the yearly rounders match between the junior school and the seniors

A couple of names from 1963 - Nigel Hibbert and Vaughan Londsdale - anyone remember them. Teacher Mr Styan

Vaughan Lonsdale is my cousin, he went onto Chaucer.Vaughan now lives in Thirsk. He knocked about with Jack Price & Billy Robinson (Robbo). Lee webster also I think. Anyone know what happened to them?