Should cycling be banned on most roads in Sheffield?

I think so but not because of most cyclists, but because there is too many dangerously designed junctions which need addressing, alongside too many dangerous motorists in Sheffield who should have their driving licenses revoked.

Edited by 26b-6

I think so but not because of most cyclists, but because there is too many dangerously designed junctions which need addressing, alongside too many dangerous motorists in Sheffield who should have their driving licenses revoked.

There are plenty of dangerous Cyclist too !

I alongside too many dangerous motorists in Sheffield who should have their driving licenses revoked.

So ban the motorists instead. :roll:

There's no legal basis to be able to 'ban' cyclists or pedestrians, horses, invalid carriages or other road users from any non motorway road though.

People who want to ban things should be banned.

I could happily live with cyclists being banned from roads, but there needs to be an acceptable alternative for cyclists to use. I don't see it as a problem for cyclists to use footpaths, before anyone goes nuts, yes, I know they aren't supposed to in most instances.

As for bad motorists, better enforcement of the rules we have would be a start.

Sounds like the OP should read the daily mail less..... Is a really arrogant post which carries with it the sentiment that cyclists are wrong and if they get hit it is their fault.... I hope when they hit one the police find this thread and use it as evidence to show the ingrained intolerance the OP has against cyclists.

Such intolerance kills people and pre-planned arrogance on the road may well result in murder

Edited by tonk

I drive and ride a push bike. I am a rubbish driver and a rubbish cyclist. Maybe l should be locked up?

I could happily live with cyclists being banned from roads, but there needs to be an acceptable alternative for cyclists to use. I don't see it as a problem for cyclists to use footpaths, before anyone goes nuts, yes, I know they aren't supposed to in most instances.

As for bad motorists, better enforcement of the rules we have would be a start.

Isn't it strange that on a motorist involved thread the solution is rule enforcement - if this was a discussion on drug use,obese children and abuse it would end up being a discussion on education not punishment.

Isn’t it currently illegal to cycle on pavements even though it’s not really enforced, so banning cyclists from roads would mean banning cyclists, unless we ban pedestrians or make pedestrians walk on the road and let cyclists use the pavements exclusively.

Of course if flying cars take off then the problem would be solved but I think someone once floated the idea of hover bikes which might be more realistic.

cyclists should be banned from some main roads, as they hinder the rest of the traffic trying to get safely past them, especially as they dont seem to be able to steer a straight course and take up half the road.

I drive and ride a push bike. I am a rubbish driver and a rubbish cyclist. Maybe l should be locked up?

What you like at walking? Do you need banning from that as well? I mean I'm a rubbish horserider cos I keep falling off.

Cyclist should have to pay road tax and have insurance.