Faith and Front Line Workers; Sheffield Council.

Sheffield Council is asking its front line workers to complete a questionnaire available here asking about their faith and if they would like support, including prayer.

As a council employee, I find this wrong on so many levels and am at a loss to comprehend why the council has agreed to promote this. What are your views?

Why?

If you don't want any support, the form allows you to say so.

If you don't want to complete the form, you don't have to.

However, what should concern everybody is that this is another survey, typical of SCC, that allows anyone to submit a response. Regardless of whether or not they work for SCC, live in Sheffield or have any relevance to the survey whatsoever.

I have submitted 3 differing responses in the last few minutes.

Yet the officers concerned will present the results of this survey as hard evidence to implement whatever is their intention.

Edited by cgksheff

So if a group of like minded individuals wanted to mess about with SCCs head they could do?

So if a group of like minded individuals wanted to mess about with SCCs head they could do?

Standard practice by SCC.

Everyone approved a rise in Council Tax!

People are happy with monthly bin collections!

Far be it from me to suggest that those with a vested interest (whether employed by the council or not) might actually submit multiple response.

Sheffield Council is asking its front line workers to complete a questionnaire

Where does it say on there that it was created by SCC or it is even for SCC employees?

It also isnt on Citizenspace which is how they do surveys these days.

It's not even a vaguely competent survey when it requires a compulsory answer to the question How well do you feel supported at present by your faith community(s) if you have one?

:roll:

I think we all know that this is a survey to wallpaper over a decision that has already been taken.

For the record and before it disappears.

Front Line Workers Support Survey

Senior Leaders of Faith traditions are concerned about the increasing pressures on public services and community organisations serving disadvantaged and vulnerable people. They wish to explore ways in which faith groups can offer support to workers who we believe are under increasing stress and pressure with these changes. By filling in this survey you will be helping us to understand what support is already available to you from your faith community and what is not, and what might help you. Responses needed by 28th Feb 2018

If possible new resources may be set up – give us your contact details at the end if you wish to know about this.

People of no faith can also respond - We list some resources at the end that do exist already.

This survey is anonymous and any information given will be treated confidentially.

*Required

1.Do you work or volunteer in a situation or service which offers help to people in poverty or distress? *

Yes

NO

2.Are you in direct contact with the users of your service? *

Yes

No

3. If you are an active member of a faith, which one are you ? *

atheist/no faith/no religion

Baha’i

Buddhist

Christian (including Catholic, Pentecostal , CofE, non-conformist and free churches)

Hindu

Humanist

Jewish

Muslim

Pagan

Sikh

Other faith/religion

4. How well do you feel supported at present by your faith community(s) if you have one? *

Not supported at all

Supported a little

Mderately supported

Well supported

Totally supported

5.Where does your support come from? Choose as many as apply... *

I don’t get any support in terms of workplace stress

Small sharing group

Prayer meeting

Intercessions in Sunday Services

Religious leader – e.g Guru/ Imam/ Pandit/ Pathi/ Priest/ Rabbi

Spiritual Mentor /Guide./ Accompanier

Other:

6.What ways would make you feel more supported? Choose as many apply...

On-line prayer requests via Facebook/Whatsap or similar

A listening ear (one-to-one in person)

A listening ear (one-to-one on the ‘phone)

A regular place available to share with others in similar positions open to all

A regular group with a defined membership

A regular place available of quiet to pray or think open to all

Other:

7) Would you prefer such help to be? please select all that apply……

local to where you live or work

City wide

in a neutral space – e.g. a quiet room in a shopping centre or community building

Other:

8 If your faith has more than one tradition/denomination in it, would you prefer to attend:

a provision that was for people of my tradition/denomination within my faith only

a provision that was for people of my faith/belief only

a provision that was for people of any faith or none

9) What time of day would be best for you ?

Lunchtime

Evening

10) What day of the week ?

Monday

Tuesday

Wednesday

Thursday

Friday

Saturday

Sunday

11) If you would like it near your home or workplace please give us the first half of the postcode – eg S63 or DN4

Your answer

12) If you would like to know if a new provision is made for your faith tradition or a new provision open to those of any faith or none, please leave your email here:

Your answer

Any other comments

Your answer

There are Provision "places currently available locally for people to find a place of quiet or a listening ear". Here are a few examples: in or near Sheffield that are regularly available, outside places of worship, already in place:

Whirlow Grange Spiritually Centre

Nightingale Centre, Hucklow

SY Chaplaincy and Listening Service

http://www.retreats.org.uk/findaretreat.php?area=heartofengland#retreathouselist

http://www.retreats.org.uk/findaretreat.php?area=northeast#retreathouselist

The form doesn't say whose it is. I work for SCC and neither I or any of my colleagues have had any such survey sent our way, nor can I find any reference to it on SCC intranet.

"11) If you would like it near your home or workplace please give us the first half of the postcode – eg S63 or DN4"

If I'm not mistaken, S63 is Wath/Rotherham and DN4, Doncaster.

The form doesn't say whose it is. I work for SCC and neither I or any of my colleagues have had any such survey sent our way, nor can I find any reference to it on SCC intranet.

Perhaps the OP, Marx, can tell us who is publishing the questionnaire and who are being asked to complete it?

"11) If you would like it near your home or workplace please give us the first half of the postcode – eg S63 or DN4"

If I'm not mistaken, S63 is Wath/Rotherham and DN4, Doncaster.

The OP is leading everyone on a merry dance, this isnt a SCC-created survey whatsoever.

The survey was printed out and given to over a hundred Council employees at my depot. I was one of them. I have asked the council exactly who has been given the form and why, as it is clearly something that should be completed online.

This is the initial reply I received;

"The information about the survey should have also included an address for paper copies to be returned to, this was an error on our behalf. A further message has been sent to managers to clarify this. For information the address details for postal copies are:

D Owens

Elections, Equalities and Involvement

Sheffield City Council, Town Hall

Pinstone Street, S1 2HH

Completing the survey is entirely optional and it has been shared via staff newsletters and communal staff spaces for those without internet access.

The request to share the survey has come via the Lord Mayor in conversation with HR.

I hope this answers the points you have raised, but please get back to me if you need any further information."

Edited by Marx
More information

The survey was printed out and given to over a hundred Council employees at my depot. I was one of them. I have asked the council exactly who has been given the form and why, as it is clearly something that should be completed online. As I see it, by their actions, the Council can be seen to be endorsing the content.

Methinks a manager at your depot has made a boob, for the reasons already stated above this isnt any official survey by the looks. The Council dont use Google Forms to do surveys.