Rate The Last Film You've Seen With Marks Out Of Ten - Part Two

Grand Budapest Hotel - 8/10. 2nd viewing. Somehow it reminds me of the exquisite little pastries that play such a crucial role in the film itself. A light and fluffy confection, elaborate, beautiful & sweet. And over too quickly. Yum.

Wow, I've never heard of that but checked up and it has a proper big time cast, will give it a go.

Put your weird head on first:)

If you like it, have a read of “Them - Adventures with Extremists” afterwards.

Phantom Thread:

No no no. I realise I’m probably swimming against the tide here, but I thought it was rubbish. Arse-numblingly, excruciatingly, dull. 2 hours of my life wasted. The preview clips, I liked. Great cast too. Daniel Day-Lewis is usually worth the admission price, and any flick with Lesley Manville, Julia Davis and Gina McKee in has to be worth a watch, right? Wrong! Tedious. Synopsis: Unpleasant elderly dressmaker gets weird with needy hotel waitress. It’s a ‘miss’.

I am Legend with the alternate ending. 8/10

Seen the original and thought it OK if not predictable but this has a much better ending so upped the rating a tad.

The Disaster Artist - loved it - although I recommend watching The Room first for a more enjoyable watch!

Phantom Thread:

No no no. I realise I’m probably swimming against the tide here, but I thought it was rubbish. Arse-numblingly, excruciatingly, dull. 2 hours of my life wasted. The preview clips, I liked. Great cast too. Daniel Day-Lewis is usually worth the admission price, and any flick with Lesley Manville, Julia Davis and Gina McKee in has to be worth a watch, right? Wrong! Tedious. Synopsis: Unpleasant elderly dressmaker gets weird with needy hotel waitress. It’s a ‘miss’.

that was filmed around here (Lythe, Staithes, and up on the moors)

Cabin 28 .....7/10

Based on the true story that also inspired 'The Strangers'.

Horrible but worth a watch (if you can get past Terry Dwyers terrible American accent!)

This is one of the articles about the actual murders, theyre reinvestigating them as we speak...

http://people.com/crime/keddie-cabin-28-murders-5-things-know/

My Friend Dahmer.....8/10

Great film, an insight into the coming of age of a serial killer.

Fantastic performance by Ross Lynch, he even makes you feel a bit sorry for him at times.

I really liked it, I think you'd probably have to be already interested in the subject tho.

Edited by nikki-red

Soldier Blue - 6.5/10 - This infamous Western is a fairly meandering story of a couple of survivors of a massacre by American Indians falling in love on their journey back to base, the reprisal by the cavalry is still quite shocking all these years later.

"The Greatest Showman": 10/10.

Best film musical since 'Les Miserables'. Fast, well-plotted, fine tunes/songs, great acting- and a singalong version possibly coming soon. See it- perhaps more than once- and marvel.

Soldier Blue - 6.5/10 - This infamous Western is a fairly meandering story of a couple of survivors of a massacre by American Indians falling in love on their journey back to base, the reprisal by the cavalry is still quite shocking all these years later.

Donald Pleasance at his usual unpleasant best eh? BTW have you ever seen Little Big Man with Dustin Hoffman? Although a dark comedy, it has serious moments like the ones you mention. Great film from the 70s

Donald Pleasance at his usual unpleasant best eh? BTW have you ever seen Little Big Man with Dustin Hoffman? Although a dark comedy, it has serious moments like the ones you mention. Great film from the 70s

No I haven't, I can remember it but never actually seen it, I'll keep an eye out.

Cabin 28 .....7/10

Based on the true story that also inspired 'The Strangers'.

Horrible but worth a watch (if you can get past Terry Dwyers terrible American accent!)

This is one of the articles about the actual murders, theyre reinvestigating them as we speak...

http://people.com/crime/keddie-cabin-28-murders-5-things-know/

My Friend Dahmer.....8/10

Great film, an insight into the coming of age of a serial killer.

Fantastic performance by Ross Lynch, he even makes you feel a bit sorry for him at times.

I really liked it, I think you'd probably have to be already interested in the subject tho.

Wow Terri Dwyer's (of 60 Minute Makeover & Loose Women 'fame') is in it!