The bulldog public house at attercliffe

i was speaking to an old friend last night,we worked together in the late 80,s and used the bulldog each night after work,he told me that george,the landlord at the time,sadly passed away with cancer,george was at one time the steward at woodhouse working mens club and was a fine land lord

My parents met in the Bridge. Apparently it kept on trading as a one storey building until it was replaced by the Bulldog. If anyone has a photograpph of it, I'd love to see it, as I can't find one anywhere.

george the landlord died not to long ago,it was woodhouse central club he was steward at,it is now balmoral nursing home.he was a top bloke.

I know this is a bit late but only just seen it The Bulldog was called the bridge before My sister and her husband ran the pub in the early sixties As said before a previous landlord breed bulldogs and one of them was best inshow at crufts and was buried in the foundations of the pub when it was refurbished. There was also a life size photo of the dog in the lounge

I know this is a bit late but only just seen it The Bulldog was called the bridge before My sister and her husband ran the pub in the early sixties As said before a previous landlord breed bulldogs and one of them was best inshow at crufts and was buried in the foundations of the pub when it was refurbished. There was also a life size photo of the dog in the lounge

Hi- what are your sister and husbands name?

On 19/02/2018 at 13:42, theimposter said:

Hi- what are your sister and husbands name? My sister was Molly Perkins and her husband was Harold