Cat are a nuisance

. . .the advantages of cats is that they are more self-sufficient, they don't have to be let in the house if there is a cat-flap, they are quiet, in fact if you are on holiday they don't need much looking after

True.

I've not seen any threads on here complaining about the neighbours' cat meowing all day and night.

And I've not seen any threads about cats killing people either. Apart from tigers and lions of course

Leave some sharp smelling deterrents around your garden. Old orange or lemon peel or tea bags with a few drops of olbus oil on them.

On the subject of cats. Here about the 2 cats, one English, (named 1,2,3); one French, (named Un, Deux, Trois), that tried to cross a river. Which one drowned?

The English cat, 1,2,3 made it across. Unfortunately, Un, Deux, Trois, cat sank. (Quatre, cinq, get it?).

I'd like to know why there's a law for dog owners requiring them to clean up after their pets, yet cats can roam around freely messing anywhere they want. I've 5 cats belonging to neighbours that constantly mess on my garden day day out, why one law for cats and one for dogs?

Bit of hard lines you are having. Cats have the right to roam. Other animals such as foxes, birds and rats will also mess up your garden. Thats the outdoors for you.

Bit of hard lines you are having. Cats have the right to roam. Other animals such as foxes, birds and rats will also mess up your garden. Thats the outdoors for you.

good point.

Maybe the OP should concrete over their garden and use it to park their car on instead

I'd like to know why there's a law for dog owners requiring them to clean up after their pets, yet cats can roam around freely messing anywhere they want. I've 5 cats belonging to neighbours that constantly mess on my garden day day out, why one law for cats and one for dogs?

It may be that some breeds of dog can grow to the size of an adult human being and have poo commensurate to their size. It would be difficult to bring legislation relating to picking up poo over a certain weight so it's far easier to say all dog poo.

I wonder, does the master of the hunt carry around poo bags when the hounds are out roaming where they want?

I don't have either but the advantages of cats is that they are more self-sufficient, they don't have to be let in the house if there is a cat-flap, they are quiet, in fact if you are on holiday they don't need much looking after.

Dogs need taking for walks, they need washing as they sniff walls and such, they eat more, and some bark incessantly - they are more friendly though and probably better company.

:)

My cats aren't quiet. Some nights they run up and down sounding like a herd of elephants. Fortunately I live in a detached house.

I have seven next door to me, they sit on my tree seat, I can never hear them, cats cover their 'mess' in the garden and clean themselves.

;)

They're a real nuisance near us.

Mess everywhere, making ungodly noises at all times in the night whilst fighting or fornicating. The amount of 'things' I've had to clean up after them, and the amount I have to take off my lawn before I can use it in summer. It's very annoying, but apparently I'm not allowed to throw things at them, and they don't seem controllable.

No, wait, that's chavs not cats.

I always thought cats burried their poo? Where I live they are leaving a mess on my concrete path its impossible to dodge this, the smell is terrible and sticks to my shoes:gag: My grass has poo everywhere, whats going on is this a new breed of lazy cat or is this normal?

you want to live where i do neigbour as as about 8 strays not including kittens he feeds 2/3 times everyday we have got to point now where we just shovel it all back on his garden

I always thought cats burried their poo? Where I live they are leaving a mess on my concrete path its impossible to dodge this, the smell is terrible and sticks to my shoes:gag: My grass has poo everywhere, whats going on is this a new breed of lazy cat or is this normal?

I have the same, my partner reckons it's someone letting their dog poop on our lawn (we have a raised garden with no fence), but I think its a cat. I cleared up several piles from the grass on the front and side of the house.

I know its not my dog or cats, whatever animal it belongs to clearly doesn't have a very good diet :gag:

---------- Post added 19-02-2018 at 12:33 ----------

you want to live where i do neigbour as as about 8 strays not including kittens he feeds 2/3 times everyday we have got to point now where we just shovel it all back on his garden

You should report them to the RSPCA, they do capture and neuter strays which would cut down on the number of kittens.

If it's on a raised garden or concrete then the chances are it's fox poo as they like to have a clear view all round when doing their business. Plus, fox poo really smells.