Arthurs Skips - Rude and Obstructive

I have 30-40 skips a year from Arthurs. Never a problem.

A good professional company in my opinion.

That said, there will always be moaning idiots around with nothing else to do but complain about nothing.

'Moaning idiots' who can't get their car out of their own driveway due to a skip being placed in front of it you mean?

Fine for those, like you, who are ordering those skips. Not so fine for others by the sounds of things. Still - doesn't matter does it? Best to call them 'idiots'. Pull up the ladder jack! I'm OK!

30 or 40 skips per year they are always going to be polite to you! However there is two sides to every story

There are always some idiots who only care about one side of the story...

i have always found them to be helpful and polite , maybe its just your attitude???

Why is the teacher letting you use your mobile ?

"I'd like to give you some money to hire a skip"

"Certainly! A pleasure to meet you! How can we help?"

OR

"Excuse me, that skip you delivered for the man over the road appears to be blocking my car in it's driveway, and I really need to get it out"

"<removed> off"

I think it might depend on what side of the conversation you're on by the sounds of things!

ooooh never heard that one before:loopy::loopy::roll:

Call up and without identifying yourself just tell them the skip is ready to collect.

To be fair, I once had to get the police involved to get their skip moved from outside my drive. It was Friday evening, they claimed they had no-one available to move it until Monday. I called the non emergency police number and explained and an hour later a skip lorry showed up and took the skip away.

^This^ take some pics, call the police, in fact complain to anyone that will listen, driving big vehicles sometimes causes changes to a persons level of arrogance, dont let them get away with it.

---------- Post added 16-02-2018 at 12:06 ----------

"I'd like to give you some money to hire a skip"

"Certainly! A pleasure to meet you! How can we help?"

OR

"Excuse me, that skip you delivered for the man over the road appears to be blocking my car in it's driveway, and I really need to get it out"

"<removed> off"

I think it might depend on what side of the conversation you're on by the sounds of things!

You could be right.

Guest makapaka
It doesn't sound like the problem is for their customers though, so that's hardly surprising.

Ah - I see what you mean.

This skip company took exception to someone not paying their bill. :hihi:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/moment-angry-skip-boss-empties-12035088

After doing the skip job for 26 years the only thing I would pick up on is the 15 tons of rubbish in the skip, add the weight of the skip and you have 16 tons. It's doubtful a four wheel skip truck could lift that off the ground.

Angel1.

After doing the skip job for 26 years the only thing I would pick up on is the 15 tons of rubbish in the skip, add the weight of the skip and you have 16 tons. It's doubtful a four wheel skip truck could lift that off the ground.

Angel1.

it didnt even look like an 8 yard skip more like a 6 and there was no way 15 tonnes,

One of the things to note about skip hire is that the drivers are very often relief drivers. Having hired skips for many years, I can say that Arthurs get a pretty raw deal with some of the comments around and they are generally very good.

Most bad reviews you see are fake, and posted by rival firms. This is the nature of the skip hire business. It always makes me laugh when I see all the local skip companies giving bad reviews about each other, to try and gain an internet advantage. Anyway, you want 3 things from skip hire companies in sheffield, Prompt Delivery and competitve price, and Promt collection. Arthurs have always scored high on those 3 for me.

Phew, back to lay down.

As someone who isn't a customer though, you want them to not block your driveway.