Gender Fluid etc, Opinions?

Whichever it was, it does highlight the problems that arise when people make gender an issue. Identity politics is to blame yet again.

Here's my off the top of my head solution to this silly headteacher's problem.

Stage 1: Call the children "children".

Stage 2: Call trans children by their name.

Co-incidentally schools have been pushing over the past few years the manta "every child is known" and that teachers must know every student's name and call them by it, with just a generic group reference of "class" when addressing a group.

I'm afraid I'm just a caveman and will continue to address them as chaps / lads / gents and ladies.

By that reasoning, the car industry must exploit men too.

Of course they do! All advertisers exploit gender insecurities. But recent comprehensive research in the US shows it is women who are exploited the most in the car industry due to their lack of knowledge and generally pay about $500 more per car than men because they're weak negotiators.

Freakonmics podcast here if you're interested

http://freakonomics.com/archive/

I couldn't give two shiny ones about 'morals' when it comes to transgenderism... it's not a moral issue, it's an issue around common sense.

It's been debated on this thread for a while and neither side are going to have their opinions altered.

Be who you want to be, or who you are, that's cool. If you don't want to 'conform', that's great. But...

I couldn't give two shiny ones about 'morals' when it comes to transgenderism... it's not a moral issue, it's an issue around common sense.

It's been debated on this thread for a while and neither side are going to have their opinions altered.

Be who you want to be, or who you are, that's cool. If you don't want to 'conform', that's great. But...

But what?....

But what?....

its not normal, never has been never will be:roll: but hey i dont care its a fashion fad for now.

Guest makapaka
Heres a new one on me, admittedly

transracial

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-43330999

How long until the paper runs a story where a Caucasian transracial is referred to as white by a teacher who gets suspended Etc etc etc

While looking at Touring Caravan Parks on the www the other day, we always look for sites with certain facilities that we require, for instance having internet connection, adults only and dog friendly as a start.

I was surprised to read that this particular Park when describing it's Toilet block as the usual Male, Female and Disabled also listed a Gender Nuteral toilet. I googled this to see how this is described in a legal way and found this. "Gender neutral toilets cater for people who for many reasons feel uncomfortable using a toilet that is designated as either male, female or unisex."

I have tried to retrace my steps this morning and re-find the Park, but cannot find it again. I will go through my history and have another try.

Angel1.

While looking at Touring Caravan Parks on the www the other day, we always look for sites with certain facilities that we require, for instance having internet connection, adults only and dog friendly as a start.

I was surprised to read that this particular Park when describing it's Toilet block as the usual Male, Female and Disabled also listed a Gender Nuteral toilet. I googled this to see how this is described in a legal way and found this. "Gender neutral toilets cater for people who for many reasons feel uncomfortable using a toilet that is designated as either male, female or unisex."

I have tried to retrace my steps this morning and re-find the Park, but cannot find it again. I will go through my history and have another try.

Angel1.

well, it IS good that they do try to cater for as many types of people as they can

well, it IS good that they do try to cater for as many types of people as they can

I would say this will become the standard in the future.

Angel1.