People Who Don't Pick Up After Their Dogs

Guest makapaka
And what if someone can't pay? If you're going to threaten them with taking their dog then that's really likely to be detrimental to the dog's life, which would be seriously counterproductive.

What really needs to happen is for it to become truly socially unacceptable to allow your dog to do this, and at the moment it just isn't so.

There are still people who open their doors and let their dogs run out to 'exercise themselves' (I know, that's illegal and dangerous and putting the animals at risk etc) so there's a way to go on animal welfare standards.

This is a daft post. How about getting people to accept responsibility for getting a dog.

If you don’t wanna get fined clear up after your dog. If you’re thinking of getting a dog bear in mind you’ll get fined if you don’t clear up after it.

It’s already socially unacceptable.

I’m not bothered about the dogs feelings to be honest - I just don’t wanna have to scrape dog mess out of my daughters shoes.

What about cats that can freely roam (by law) that sht everywhere?

Poo is poo no matter who/what backside it came from.

Cats poo just as much, in more inconvenient places and because they hunt for the sake of it, are are risk to wildlife, especially protected species.

Yet no one ever says anything about this, only to defend it, because the law allows it.

Irresponsible animal owners who are anti social with their animals should all be accountable.

Guest makapaka
What about cats that can freely roam (by law) that sht everywhere?

Poo is poo no matter who/what backside it came from.

Cats poo just as much, in more inconvenient places and because they hunt for the sake of it, are are risk to wildlife, especially protected species.

Yet no one ever says anything about this, only to defend it, because the law allows it.

Irresponsible animal owners who are anti social with their animals should all be accountable.

When did you last stand in or have to walk round some cat poo?

I can honestly say, where i work in Hillsborough, i never see dog muck but there is loads of cat poo! Especially around taplin road..

In my garden every time I cut the sodding grass!!

Our estate has cats everywhere.

They probably out number the rats.

Guest makapaka
In my garden every time I cut the sodding grass!!

Our estate has cats everywhere.

They probably out number the rats.

So what’s your argument - that because cats poo in your garden it’s ok for

peoples dogs to poo in the street?

Sadly my garden seems to be a large cat toilet. I've often accidentally picked cat poo up when weeding etc. Its not nice. I've scooped up every bit of poop my dogs done for the last 11 years be it in woodland or wherever. It would be nice not to have to clean up after random cats too.

Guest makapaka
Sadly my garden seems to be a large cat toilet. I've often accidentally picked cat poo up when weeding etc. Its not nice. I've scooped up every bit of poop my dogs done for the last 11 years be it in woodland or wherever. It would be nice not to have to clean up after random cats too.

I’m sure it would. But the thread is about dog mess and owners who don’t clear up after their dogs.

I’m sure it would. But the thread is about dog mess and owners who don’t clear up after their dogs.

I do apologise, I was replying to a question about cat mess. Ill not bother in future! Its replies like yours that put me off commenting on various subjects.

Have a good evening

Guest makapaka
I do apologise, I was replying to a question about cat mess. Ill not bother in future! Its replies like yours that put me off commenting on various subjects.

Have a good evening

I wasn’t having a go - maybe a little over sensitive?

I can honestly say, where i work in Hillsborough, i never see dog muck but there is loads of cat poo! Especially around taplin road..

There's an awful lot of trendy small breed dogs being walked on Taplin, on our section there's only 2 street cats. I recently challenged a couple of pug owners whose dogs regularly stopped and crapped outside our house, it's a pain when it's been trod in, thankfully the garden hose reaches the street.

I carry a pair of disposable gloves in my pocket, with the offer of a free pooh shampoo if they don't deal with it, probably a bit aggressive, but some owners

really don't give two poops about it.

I know at Hillsborough park they did put signs up, the dog walkers got very irritate about being singled out for mess, I litter pick that area and the dog mess is definitely a problem, some owners walk through so far ahead of their dogs when they're off the lead, they have know idea if their dog is fouling or not.

I think most dog owners will pick up, but there are those that need to be challenged and fined, before they'll change their ways as they just don't care.

So what’s your argument - that because cats poo in your garden it’s ok for

peoples dogs to poo in the street?

it's not right for either.

Both should control their pets.